Thursday, December 19, 2013

12/19/13

Five of Wands/Five of Swords reversed.  More repeated cards; that Five of Wands has been showing up lately.  The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical) indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross-purposes.  Often this card tells of a clash of multiple ideas, or it tells of inconsistent efforts.  Re-evaluation could be the solution.  The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) in an upright position shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation.  There could be a misjudging of a situation today, and with these two Five cards, one reversed and one upright, I can see that passion might cause movement to happen without the control of intellect. 

My Thoth cards are The Chariot reversed and the Two of Wands (“Dominion”).  The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions.  My Chariot is reversed, and this could mean that distractions will prevent me from getting to where I want to be; or the opposite could hold true and my hand may be too hard on the reigns.  The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  This is a card of action and ownership, the opposite of the reversed Chariot.  Looks like I may have control of day-to-day things, but not long-term efforts. 

My Legacy card is the Four of Wands, flavored by The Emperor reversed.  Wands, Wands, and more Wands today.  The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) is about building enough to become established, about the results of harmony and effort and creativity combined.  This card tells of effective planning that has manifested as a sturdy foundation. The Legacy Four of Wands is also seen as representing the creation of sacred space, which I love.  My Four of Wands is being flavored by the reversed Emperor.  The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and in an upright position represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father.  The Emperor instills balance, but he is reversed, and thus is telling me that there is some hidden weakness in the perceived order and authority.  My Four of Wands tells of the creation of a good foundation, but maybe I’m not quite ready for the next step.  Instead of leaning on my own authority today, I may be better off enjoying what I’ve accomplished so far.  Tomorrow is another day, and maybe that Emperor will right himself. 

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of the deliberate response to the slowing of growth and beginning of degeneration of the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance of the number 6. 

My horoscopes: “Don't hold back today. You're the right person for the job in about every situation you encounter. You'll have the instincts required to move on a project, see what needs to be done, gather the resources, and get the ball rolling. There's an aggressiveness to you that's urging you to make a grand conquest, paving the way for a huge celebration of feast and fun.”

And: “Find love today, and embrace it with all the strength in your body. You have a great deal of passion to spread to the world, and this is an excellent day to show it off. Things are working well for you in the area of love and romance, and you will find that your need for fiery romance with a hint of freedom and autonomy can be accomplished easily as long as you stay true to yourself.”

I am busy preparing to teach eleven weeks of Yin Yoga as a substitute.  This is a lovely form of Yoga, but I am experiencing a bit of a conflict.  You see, many of the Yin asanas involve rounding of the spine, and this is not a good thing for people with bone density issues.  Some Yin practitioners believe the long stretches intensified by gravity alone is safe for practitioners with this issue, but others believe that those with bone density issues should never round the back.  I mentioned my concern to the teach for whom I am subbing, and she encouraged me to remind the students to listen to their bodies.  I am continuing to research this concept, and hopefully I will come to my own conclusions by the time I finish this subbing opportunity. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment