Wednesday, December 11, 2013

12/11/13

Three of Pentacles/The Magician reversed. The Three of Pentacles (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) tells of competence, planning and teamwork.  I should make use of my talents today, and strive to find satisfaction from getting things done, even if I need to work with others in order to accomplish my goals. The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician works hard to perfect his abilities, to make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and to focus and carry through to the end of a task (which is pretty important to him).  This card is personally significant to me, and since he represents the manifestation of tangible knowledge, and since he is reversed, I could be dealing with some kind of deception today.  I should also be careful that I don’t become too full of myself if that Three of Pentacles kicks in and things start happening.  It’s not all about me, after all.

My Thoth cards are the Four of Cups (“Luxury”) flavored by The Hanging Man.  Hmmm . . . interesting. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) tells us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses. This is a card that describes what can happen when nothing goes wrong in our lives: we become numb to pleasure and serenity and can’t find satisfaction in our lives.  We actually need some kind of challenge in order to stay healthy, but this card does not bring a challenge.  The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought), and presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through deliberately attempting to see things in a different way.  In a way, this card is similar to my Four of Cups, for it tells of inactivity.  Perhaps there is a challenge after all, and perhaps I can make use of the Water and the illusion of these two cards in a divinatory fashion.

My Legacy card is the Five of Wands, flavored by the Knight of Swords reversed. The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical) indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross-purposes. Growing pains have good results in the end, the process of getting there might be uncomfortable.  This card can also represent competition, either healthy or unhealthy.  My Five of Wands is being flavored by the reversed Knight of Swords.  The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) in an upright position is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.  Because he is reversed and flavoring my Five of Wands, I had better not expect that things will go as I planned them today.  Strategy might be a waste of time, eh?  But that is okay; perhaps all the chaos will end up providing a new way of seeing things.

My 6-digit date number is 9, representing the completeness of manifestation or effect. 

My horoscopes: “Experiments with computers or other technology could reveal a hidden talent you didn't know you had. You could decide to work at developing this skill as it could open doors that increase your income. Friends could help you either with this or other matters. By day's end you'll feel more focused than you were earlier.

And: “Expect some great news today via phone, e-mail, fax, or the Internet. This could involve a lucky break of some kind, auguring beneficial changes in both profession and lifestyle. A number of short journeys in your near neighborhood may be necessary, and you could stop by the homes of friends or neighbors to tell them all about what's been happening with you. Enjoy your day. You won't have too many quite like this one!

The next few days are going to be crazy-busy for me.  I may not be here as often as I would like to be, but I will do my best!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment