Saturday, March 9, 2013


The Lovers/Three of Swords reversed. The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, problems or challenges; Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual; Zayin, double-edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) tells of duality, union, and personal choices.  This card is about love, but it is also about personal values. The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion.  My Three of Swords is reversed, and since it has appeared with The Lovers, I should be able to perceive the big picture and be able to make choices based on logic but also based on love and compassion, and an awareness of consequences.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups. The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering); is a card of soft and tender energies; upright it indicates the possibility of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys.  Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the theme of the day.

My Legacy card is the Six of Swords reversed/Temperance. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) in an upright position is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  My Six of Swords is reversed, and because it is being flavored by Temperance, I am being told that right now, healing can only happen if I am able to balance the extremes of my life.  Temperance corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) presents one version of the concept of balance; this balance is achieved through knowledge and experience of extremes.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of a pause as growth slows and degeneration approaches, usually involving some crossroad or choice to be made.

My horoscopes: “You're practical and down to Earth, Sagittarius. Today your intuition is more active than usual. You might receive some powerful messages from the higher planes that open up new doors for you. Don't ignore them. Think about what's in them before you accept or reject them. You could also tune in more strongly than usual to the thoughts and feelings of others.

And: “Events you might presently be unaware of could be working in your favor to improve your financial condition. Perhaps a loan which you have long since forgotten will be repaid, or a settlement or dividend comes your way unexpectedly. It could even be a gift. You might be tempted to spend it partying! Take care, however, to do this only if you honestly feel you can do it without a guilty conscience!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Two of Cups.  Nice!  The “alchemy of the elements,” and polarized energies that swirl around each other, creating one entity yet retaining their individuality.  The end result is greater than the sum of its parts, and the end result is itself a living, growing, loving entity.

I have submitted the additional information requested by Lady Lilyth, and in doing so, I re-read some of my personal journal entries from 2008.  Wow!  So many things happened that did not register with me back then!  Reading my descriptions of the meditations and exercises of that period through the lenses of time and additional knowledge has allowed me to see just how strong the "nudges" were that have brought me to the present!

This is amazing to me.  I now see that we have only to open ourselves to the message, and we will be presented with that message.  The message is there.  It is sitting right in front of us, or maybe a bit off to the side but quite visible.  Our task is to open ourselves to the possibility that yes, the message is there.  Yes, it is tailored for us, individually.  Yes, we should claim it.  Otherwise, we will pass it by and never receive its gifts. 

I remember reading in the book, The Celestine Prophecies, that there are no coincidences.  Even the simplest of events or most random-seeming meeting offers a message to us.  And like the beating of the wings of the butterfly in Africa that in the end creates a hurricane in the Caribbean, even a simple message can manifest in powerful ways.  As I read from my journal posts of 2008, I was reminded of this.  So many details, invisible to me then but available to me now thanks to my journal, were actually driving me!

As I sit and write this entry, I am pausing and looking around.  Where are today's messages?  They must be here!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment