Monday, March 4, 2013


The Chariot reversed/The High Priestess reversed. The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), in an upright position tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions.  This card, for me, can be about dealing with positive and negative emotions; we can’t get rid of those things, only control and channel them to our highest good.  Today may not be about directing my feelings, and while a bit of undirected flow can be beneficial, I need to remember that without some control at some point, I won’t move forward. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), the other half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine; The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  Upright, she is about unlimited potential, but she is reversed.  Looks like the message would be generally similar here, whether these cards were upright or reversed, as they kind of balance each other out (one is about control and one is about the unknown, which does not fit into any form).  However, today, with both cards reversed, I will need to remember that my tendency might be toward the physical world, in an unbalanced way.

My Thoth card is The Hanging Man. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought); this card presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through seeing things in a different way.  My Hanging Man is kind of validating the first two cards, especially that reversed Chariot.  The Hanging Man holds his legs in the same way that The Emperor sits, only reversed, and this card could very well be telling me that the surrender indicated by the reversed Chariot is okay, as long as I get something valuable from that surrender. I just need to be sure that any suspension or sacrifice is being done deliberately, and not because I’m waiting for someone else to get things done; waiting for a bit is okay, but too much surrender ends up giving up the power to choose. 

My Legacy card is the Page of Cups reversed, flavored by the Three of Swords.  Oy.  Okay then.  The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering); is a card of soft and tender energies; upright it indicates the possibility of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys.  Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the theme of the day.  My reversed Page of Cups is being flavored by one of my least favorite cards, the Three of Swords. The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion.  This Swords card is about isolation and separation and melancholy, but these things are actually perceptions, my perceptions.  If I believe I am alone, then I am alone.  However, this belief could be causing the very separation that I fear!

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces further to 2, balance, polarity and “distance between.” 

My horoscopes: “Family members could spring some surprising news on you today, Sagittarius. This news may concern people you know or perhaps a family member has some interesting plans of his or her own that you weren't aware of. Although positive, this news could throw you for a loop. It should definitely cause you to alter your thinking in some way. Don't let emotion overwhelm logic right now.

And: “Jumping around from one lily pad to the next may be the only way for you to stay afloat on a day like today. This is fine as long as you keep moving. There is no room for stagnancy. Stay on your toes today and keep things light and energetic. There is a great deal of information flying around today thanks to the active celestial energies.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Nine of Pentacles.  A perfect focus for today!  We spend a lot of time learning and striving, and honing our skills.  But sometimes it is beneficial to take a walk, all alone, and connect the results of those inner efforts to the world around us, and to the workings of Nature that are Deity.  Today is one of those days!

I’ve just come back from a walk on the beach.  What a great way to clear my head!  The sun is shining, the sky is a gorgeous and intense blue.  And it is WINDY!  There was a group of gulls standing by the water (which was amazingly calm, given the wind; did I mention it was also windy?); they kept taking turns shooting upward into the air and then diving and swooping as they caught a gust of wind, then landing back down to watch as another gull took to the sky. 

I found some awesome treasures, too: two small whelks, a piece of coral, a lovely Cape May diamond, and a sea anemone!  Thankfully I brought a small container of rum to offer to the ocean, in thanks for past gifts.  Looks like I am in debt, but that is fine with me. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment