Thursday, March 14, 2013


Eight of Wands reversed/The Sun. The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  This one has the power of force behind it, and it is reversed.  Things may not be moving too quickly today, and even if they appear to be moving, I had better hold back.  The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and tells of a time of enlightenment and peace that comes after the completion of some ordeal.  This card has been appearing for me lately, both upright and reversed.  Today it is here with my reversed Eight of Wands (which is also a Fire card), and since the energies of The Sun are also about pausing, I will bask in the warmth from without today, rather than using activity to warm my core.

My Thoth card is the Ace of Disks reversed. Aces present potential only, and the Ace of Disks (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world.  My Ace is reversed today, and this might be a warning that I don’t know what I think I know.  Wealth is not always good; it can be a heavy burden that holds us back.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Wands reversed, flavored by The Star reversed. Another reversed Ace, and another reversed Wands card.  The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) in an upright position tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project.  Since my Ace is reversed, the seed may be there but circumstances are not encouraging germination.  My reversed Ace of Wands is being flavored by The Star, also reversed. The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card.  Upright, The Star is about optimism and faith, synergy with the world, and an awareness of that synergy.  My Star is reversed today, and that could mean suppressed expectations, or a flat, humdrum feeling.  This makes sense because of the reversed cards in my spread today.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential and position of the Ace, and the balance, polarity and “distance between” of the number 2.

My horoscopes: “You may feel rather introspective today, Sagittarius, and decidedly out of step with everyone else's frenzied pace. You're a thoughtful person with deep spiritual beliefs. It's understandable that you may sometimes feel disheartened by all the consumerism and conspicuous consumption that fills society. Try not to let this get you down. Try to focus instead on your reasons for being happy.

And: “Household chores might be more of a drag than usual today. Still, you're apt to feel that you have to get them done so they won't be hanging over your head - and this could put you into a very downhearted frame of mind. As a result, you might work far too hard and render your mood even worse. Pace yourself, get help, and don't worry about what's left undone. There's always tomorrow.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding Strength.  I had this one the other day, too.  This card is telling me that I can’t just be physically strong; I must also be emotionally strong.  I must believe that all will be well, and that I will succeed in the end. And I must believe that the journey itself is worthy.

This has been a rough week for me.  I don’t “Spring Ahead” very well, as I am not a morning person.  I have had trouble sleeping all week, and I have had trouble getting up in the morning.  Hopefully I will be able to regulate myself this weekend.

My first YTT Intensive is this Sunday!  If that doesn’t rev me up, nothing will.

Happy Pi Day, everyone!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment