Sunday, March 17, 2013



Transparent Oracle Sunday!

55, Guide: Mermaid (Below).  Ascension and escape from the physical world seem to be our tasks for this life; however, in order to ascend, we need to first understand this word we are attempting to grow out of.  The cards of Below assist us in that endeavor.  Mermaid tells us of many non-physically manifested concepts: feelings, emotions, love, compassion, and healing.  Like Water, none of these can be held in place by our hands, and yet all are important ingredients within a balanced and harmonious and satisfying life.  Learning to access these ingredients and use them for our benefit without “over-spicing” the recipe takes focus and Will, and loss of control can bring obsession and destruction, but it is well worth the risk.

14, Time of Day: Midday (South). South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.  Midday is also a time of peak power, the peak of light and illumination for the current day.  This is a time when shadows are small and seeing clearly is easy, but this moment of clarity is not permanent.  Soon enough, the shadows will begin to grow once more.

63, Touch (and Taste) (Within). Within is the direction of the Self, and thus the cards associated with this direction deal with the ways our Self connects to the world and perceives the world, and the Self.  This direction is mostly abstract, and yet is our bridge to the Universe around us.  Our senses connect us to the physical world, and the sense of Touch is the most solid and least deceptive sense; touch is the method we use to find our way around and to dispel illusion.  Taste is a part of Touch, for it is by bringing things into contact with our tongues that we Taste them.  Contact is the key here, and connection; they can be pleasant or violent.

I then stacked my cards to create my mandala.  For some reason, this one feels contained yet powerful.  Steam can be powerful in this way; if we create steam in a container the pressure can move a train.  I think these cards are talking about power that comes to us from without, from what we have experienced and from what we have learned to control, but this power can also come from within us.  It can come from our intentions and our Will, and it can come from the ways that we personally perceive the world and interpret our perceptions.  Today is a day for me to perhaps understand these two concepts, so I should take advantage of this.

Today I attended my first Yoga Teacher Training Intensive, which lasted from 11 am to 7 pm.  Wow, did I learn a lot already.  I have assignments to do over the next weeks, before the next Intensive in April, and I can’t wait to dig in.  But for tonight, I am giving my brain a break, so I can absorb what I’ve learned.

 $>

No comments:

Post a Comment