Sunday, March 10, 2013


Transparent Oracle Sunday!  My cards:

26, Guide: Otter ((West).  West is the direction of Water, and thus, of feelings and emotions, relationships of all kinds, cleansing and healing, the wisdom associated with natural endings, and the bubbling up of pure joy.  The first thing I think of when I see the Otter card is joyful playing.  Otters are known for their play, and play is a sign of intelligence and awareness.  Otters are at home both on Earth and in Water; they form strong family bonds, and work hard to protect their group of family or friends.   All while playing tag!

13, Element: Fire (South). The element of Fire manifests as spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change; it’s dignities are hot/separates and dry/shapes. Fire has often been used as a representation of Spirit or the Divine, and this makes sense.  Fire brings transformation, animation or life, courage, and intent.  Fire has its dangers, though; it brings transformation through destruction that brings new birth.

29, Guide: Turtle (West). Water is emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same; its dignities are cold/binds and wet/adapts.  Water is Turtle’s environment, but not only Water, for like Otter, many Turtles are at home on Earth (and in fact, Turtles lay their eggs on Earth).   Turtle offers us an opportunity to learn about protection; not the kind of protection that shuts out the world but rather, the kind of protection that allows us to dive deep and explore the unknown without fear.  Turtle is also slow and steady, is patient, and endures; Turtle has a long lifespan, and has existed relatively unchanged since ancient times.  Turtle’s shell shows us how to exist in spite of the churning eddies of life, without being affected by them.

I stacked my cards and created my mandala.  This one is a bit chaotic; Fire is in the center, Turtle seems to be emanating from the points of the Fire triangle, and Otter is circling around, creating an outer boundary.  If Fire represents transformation and new birth that comes out of destruction or stress, then perhaps I am being told that the transformation is happening now.  Because I have been able to look within, with patience and with the knowledge that I am safe (and well-supported by others), I am able to bravely turn outward and accept my transformation process.  My “family” is by my side, and if I am able to keep in touch with the simple joys associated with experiencing life and living, nothing can stop me. 

I saw lots and lots of raptors, driving home from Cape May yesterday. All kinds of hawks, and a bald eagle in Cape May County!  Are they coming back early?  Does this mean an early Spring?  I hope so.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment