Sunday, March 3, 2013


Transparent Oracle Sunday!  My cards:

53, Guide: Sidhe (Below). Ascension and escape from the physical world seem to be our tasks for this life; however, in order to ascend, we need to first understand this word we are attempting to grow out of.  The cards of Below assist us in that endeavor.  The Sidhe can be a wonderful Guide when we are attempting these things, for she is both a source of creation and of responsibility.  The Sidhe cares for the earth and Nature; just like us, she is a part of that realm.  But the Sidhe is also connected to the non-physical world more than we are, and thus can be a Guide who teaches us how to see things in a different or unique manner.  And if we work hard and are true to our Purpose, we just might get some support along with our guidance; this partnership can achieve extraordinary things!

39, Guide: Wolf (North).  North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Wolves are seen by many as dangerous, even evil, but we should always keep in mind when we are working with Wolf that he is the ancestor of the dogs we humans love so much.  Wolf has a strong sense of family, and of rank within that family.  Wolf can communicate over great distances, and has the stamina to travel those distances in the first place.  Wolf has keen instincts, and a strong urge to protect his territory.

51, Gateway: The World Tree (Below). The World Tree is a powerful symbol in many cultures; in Wicca, the Tree is seen as representing the cast circle, and it is seen as a gateway to the Underworld.  The World Tree is about initiation of the most exciting kind; it tells of the ability to tap into the knowledge and wisdom that is a part of me through my ancestors, and it tells of the ability to connect with non-physical beings.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  When thinking solely about the meanings of the cards, the message is clear: I can’t forget what I am attempting to grow out of, and any creative abilities I seek to manifest must be focused on while remembering my responsibilities.  If I hang in there, I will be able to effectively protect what is mine and what I am responsible for maintaining, and still find that new spark of information that will act as a catalyst to encourage me to move forward. 

Looking solely at the mandala, I see that Wolf seems to be moving at cross-purpose to Sidhe, or maybe Wolf is attempting to prevent Sidhe from continuing on as things are now.  Perhaps there is a choice here: focus more on the non-physical creations (and the risks attached to them) or focus on my foundation and on those who look to me for physical world sustenance (and by mitigating risks, possibly missing opportunities to move forward).  The World Tree is acting like a container, forcing Sidhe and Wolf to see and acknowledge each other, and maybe encouraging them to work together.   Is this mandala similar to the Tarot Major Arcana card, Temperance? 

It makes perfect sense that the messages presented are a bit muddled or conflicting, or at cross-purpose.  That, after all, seems to be the theme of late.  In a way, this makes sense to me.  I’ve churned up a lot of stagnating sludge, and as all that yuck is filtered, there is bound to be some confusion.  I think the right thing to do is to continue to keep my goals in my field of vision, no matter how cloudy that field may be.  I need to acknowledge the extremes and I need to accept their value, but I can’t be completely distracted from my chosen path.  Yep, I can certainly make minor modifications, but no despair is allowed!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment