Friday, March 22, 2013


Five of Swords/The Hanging Man. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation.  The thing I need to remember about these kinds of situations, whether I am the catalyst or a participation, is that in the end, any victory won is empty. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought); this card presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through seeing things in a different way.  My Hanging Man is reminding me that by hanging back and attempting to view the situation in a new way, I just might get the answers that won’t come to me if I force the issue.

My Thoth card is the Two of Cups.  “Love” is Crowley’s keyword for this card, and since love heals all, this is a good one to be a part of my spread today. The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities.  The Thoth card shows a lovely bounty of water, balanced nicely.  There is enough water to nurture all, yet not so much that things become soggy, nor so little that things dry up.

My Legacy card is the Six of Swords reversed, flavored by The Empress. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) in an upright position is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  Looks like I won’t be empowered by my own knowledge today.  Perhaps healing will appear more quickly if I am passive?  My reversed Six of Swords is being flavored today by The Empress. The Empress (which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine.  The Empress is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses.  She is validating this passivity, and she is telling me to cherish the pleasures of my physical senses, and the world around me.

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces further to 2, the number of balance, polarity, and “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “You won't feel particularly social today, Sagittarius. You'd be happiest at home with a good book, a good meal, and no contact with the outside world. Alas, such solitude isn't always possible. You may have to balance your need for isolation with obligations to colleagues. Part of your grumpiness might be due to a physical imbalance. Make it an early night and you will wake tomorrow with a new attitude.

And: “Your energy, enthusiasm and sense of adventure are at an all-time high today. You along with a few friends might be planning to go together on an unusual outing, or perhaps a trip to a distant land. Extraordinary information could come your way, sparking a new interest, while exhilarating news from friends, neighbors or relatives increases your optimism for the future. All in all, this should be a busy and interesting day.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Eight of Cups.  I love the image on this card!  Sometimes the best response is to turn away from whatever is uncomfortable, and head towards quiet and serenity and relaxation and peace.  Okay . . . I can do that!

Finally made it to the beach; lovely evening in front of the fireplace, with my Dahling and my 93 year old mother-in-law.  Good stuff!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment