Friday, March 8, 2013


Nine of Cups/The Sun.  Well, now.  The Nine of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day. This card is about experiencing satisfaction because wishes have come true, and because we’ve been able to make things happen the way we want them to happen.  The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and tells of a time of enlightenment and peace that comes after the completion of some ordeal.  These two cards have nice, consistent energies; the pleasures associated with each of them are not permanent, but that does not mean I can’t enjoy them for a bit.

My Thoth card is the Ace of Swords. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the potential within the day to effectively use mental or intellectual abilities. This card makes perfect sense, as I am working with the element of Air today. I am being offered a challenge the resolving of which could bring opportunity for growth!

My Legacy card is The Devil, flavored by The Hanging Man reversed.  Oh boy; look out! The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things. A narrow view could be an issue today; I need to try not to indulge myself too much.  The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought); this card in an upright position presents a version of balance, the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, but because my Hanging Man is reversed, and flavoring my Devil, he just might balance out those tendencies to be too attached to the pleasure of the senses.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.  Oh-kay; sounds like a bit of balance will be in order today.  At least a bit of serene enjoyment with the knowledge that tomorrow is another day, possibly not as serene as today is.

My horoscopes: “Spiritual insights you received over the past few days could turn your thoughts to serving others. You might have a talent for teaching and choose to share what you've learned in this way, Sagittarius. You should feel especially healthy and energetic, so you may be tempted to plunge ahead. Plan carefully. Even the most admirable of enterprises needs to be faced in a practical frame of mind.

And: “Today could represent a positive turning point in your life. Sudden and unforeseen advancement in life, perhaps career wise, perhaps financial, could come your way. Your awareness of new and revolutionary ideas could propel you into the position of a leader over those who share your interests. You are probably also feeling incredibly passionate and sexy! All this could come together to make you feel in control of your life. Good luck!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the King of Pentacles.  Such lovely, fertile energy!  This card tells of material world success, and the possibility of enjoying the rewards that come from not only knowledge, but lots of experience manifesting that knowledge.  Physical world resources are in good hands today!

I am spending the day alone in Cape May today, and playing catch up on the computer.  I am hoping to get some tasks crossed off my To-Do list, including a response regarding the additional questions related to my recent Third Degree homework submission.  Since it is a snowy day, I’ve lit some candles and set my computer up so I can see my yard.  The birds are flitting all over, back and forth.  Sparrows, and lots of chickadees! 

To my absolute delight, Miss Pauline woke me up last night, for the first time in months.  For those who don’t know, Miss Pauline is our resident ghost here in Cape May.  She wakes me up occasionally, either by sitting on the bed and leaning against me, or by pulling on my covers.  Last night, she pulled on my covers, and even stayed after I whispered a greeting to her. 

I treated myself and pulled a loaf of Breadstand bread out of the freezer.  Yum, sage and polenta, my favorite.  I am hoping that the Breadstand will be opening again soon; my supply is dwindling.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment