Saturday, January 4, 2014

1/4/14

King of Cups/The High Priestess. The King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  He is the diplomat and the philosopher, able to hold himself a bit above the churning emotions so he can offer counsel.  However, he is not always in touch with his own inner self, and that may be something I need to be aware of, particularly in light of my other Llewellyn Welsh card today, The High Priestess.  I need to enrich my own life as well as the lives around me. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  This card is telling of more than just an intense connection to my intuition; my High Priestess is also telling me that there is plenty of information and advice available to me.  My High Priestess does not bring a cozy warmth while in the company of loved ones, but rather she offers the possibility of access to the sacred mysteries, if I am worthy.  Her awareness is focused away from ordinary life, and she reminds me that it is time to begin changing from a holiday mindset back to reality. 

My Thoth cards are the Six of Disks (“Success”) reversed and the Eight of Cups (“Indolence”). The Six of Disks (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have, in both the upright and reversed position. Crowley sees the Six of Disks as a card of balance, and while that balance is fertile, it is also temporary.  My Six of Disks is reversed and I know why; I’ve been experiencing an imbalance in my physical world through holiday celebrations because of overindulgence. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  In reality, in order to step away from something that no longer serves us, we must first sever the ties in our emotional body.  That is exactly what this card is telling me to do.  Time to move on.

My Legacy card is the Page of Cups reversed, flavored by the Two of Coins reversed. The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) and is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys.  This Page senses the world without preconceived notions or expectations.  My Page is reversed, and perhaps today I need to be a bit more of a grownup, and keep consequences in mind. The Two of Coins (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) in an upright position reminds us that everything always ebbs and flows, and we need to do the same in order to remain dynamically balanced.  My Two of Coins is reversed, and perhaps this card is reinforcing the message of my reversed Page; sometimes we can’t just assume that things will be okay without our help.  Rather, we need to herd and nudge those energies. 

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the ending of a cycle; it can be reduced further to 1, the number of potential and position not yet manifested.

My horoscopes: “You may receive some kind of windfall today, Sagittarius. It may be that a rich old relative dies and leaves you some unexpected cash. Or perhaps an investment is paying off better than you dared hope. This is just what you need to perk up your spirits! Be smart about how you handle this money. Our suggestion is that you eschew short-term gratification in favor of long-term security. You'll thank us in a few years' time.

And: “Today may be a rough day for you in which you may find it hard for you to make a decision about anything. Refrain from making any major moves having to do with finances or real estate. Concentrate on yourself and the answers will come to you from within. Be realistic and practical when it comes to your emotions. You may find it hard to connect with someone tonight, so stick close to home and focus inward.

We have been truly enjoying ourselves with our friends.  However, I am feeling as if it is time to get back to reality!  I’ve been eating way too much, and I need to do some Yoga, bad!!!  Back to reality; even my cards are telling me this.

No comments:

Post a Comment