Wednesday, January 15, 2014

1/15/14

The Hermit reversed/Ten of Swords reversed.  The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and in an upright position is about searching within for a deeper meaning, often through solitude bordering on discomfort.  My Hermit is reversed, and the reversed Hermit in the Llewellyn Welsh Tarot tells of suffering and a sense of exile being created by the effect of philosophies that are limited in some way.  The isolation of the reversed Hermit is not a calm soul-searching but rather created out of desperation, and perhaps isolation is not the solution.  The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) in an upright position tells of the perception that interference, powerlessness and restriction will rule the day.  The Llewellyn Welsh version of this card in an upright position tells of slander, hurt, and the breakdown of relationships; reversed, it is telling me that I have available to me an escape from the stresses caused by the breakdown, and I should use this respite to the best of my ability.

My Thoth cards are The High Priestess reversed and the Eight of Swords (“Interference”) reversed.  The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  This card is telling of more than just an intense connection to my intuition; my High Priestess is also telling me that there is plenty of information and advice available to me.  My High Priestess does not bring a cozy warmth while in the company of loved ones, but rather she offers the possibility of access to the sacred mysteries, if I am worthy.  Her awareness is focused away from ordinary life, and    .  The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or maybe perceived obstacles.   This card in an upright position tells me that I am attempting to be good-natured and understanding, or accepting a sense of powerlessness, when I should be taking control.  Because the card is reversed, I will be free from these blockages today, and the sailing should be smooth.

My Legacy card is Strength reversed, flavored by The Fool.  The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) in an upright position is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus.  The Legacy Strength card tells of fortitude and of the strength to control an open hand.  Those things may not be available to me right now, but there might be a light at the end of the tunnel.  After all, my reversed Strength card is being flavored by the only upright card in my throw today, The Fool.  The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and the neutral powers of creativity; he is above, beyond and before the world and all its extremes, and he tells me that I can bring myself above and beyond the effects of the reversed cards in my spread today.  I hope he is right!

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation from the position and potential of the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and energy of “distance between” of the 2.

My horoscopes: “Discussions with close friends, children, and romantic partners take on an especially exciting aura today, Sagittarius. New information is likely to be circulated that might make a big difference both in your household and in your community. It also could make a difference to your mind. A new field of interest, a new intellectual search, as well as improved communication with those close to you could enrich your life at this time.

And: “Your playful attitude will be a welcomed addition to the rather sober, restrictive tone to the day. On the other hand, it may behoove you to join in with the seriousness in order to accomplish what you need to get done. The choice is up to you; however, you are probably most wise to spend this day taking care of chores and nagging errands that you have been putting off for quite some time.

Another Wild Unknown Tarot card: the Nine of Swords.  Oh, the image on this one is perfect, it is a nightmare creature with eyes and worms and horns and hair.  If this unidentifiable nightmare came crawling toward me in the middle of the night, I would be reduced to a quivering puddle of fear and panic.  The key here is that word “nightmare,” for this creature is not real.  It is a creation of my own mind, paralyzed in a feed-back of analysis and totally cut off from reality.  When the lights come on, that horror will end up being a pile of my sneakers and sox, and the bra I took off before bed and tossed in the corner; nothing to fear at all. 

I am dealing with some major issues right now and I am not at all sure about the final outcome.  Hopefully, The Fool’s optimism will be with me as I work through this difficult time.  One thing I do know for certain, Dark Nights are never endless.  Sooner or later, a new day dawns.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment