Monday, January 13, 2014

1/12/14

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

12, Weather: Lightning (South): South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity. In the T-O, the weather associated with the South is Lightning, and oh boy, does this make sense.  After all, South is about Fire, and Lightning is about a sudden eruption of heat and flame and light.  The energies of this card are full of drama, and maybe even a bit scary at times, but they are a great way to break down and end the effectiveness of blockages.

15, Landscape: Desert (South). South is the direction of the element of Fire.  Fire manifests as spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change; its dignities are hot/separates and dry/shapes.  Desert represents an extreme environment that upon initial examination seems to preclude life; actually this Landscape just challenges life, severely, but if we see that challenge as a chance to test our endurance and our ability to adapt to difficult situations, we will prosper.

69, DNA/Labyrinth (Within). Within is the direction of the Self, and thus the cards associated with this direction deal with the ways our Self connects to the world and perceives the world, and the Self.  This direction is mostly abstract, and yet is our bridge to the Universe around us.  The DNA/Labyrinth card is a card of self-exploration, and it offers me a chance to become acquainted with myself and to own my personal identity.  Ancient wisdom and modern science linked together; I like that!

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala, a very busy and image-filled mandala.  This is the second week in a row that I’ve thrown Lightning, and the second week in a row where this card did not seem unbalanced with the rest of the cards.  Desert is almost obliterated by Lightning and DNA/Labyrinth, but it still can be seen if I look closely, almost acting as a protective circle around all the activity this card offers.  Lightning emanates swiftly outward, but DNA/Labyrinth offers me a slower, more meandering path inward, a path that may not get to its destination quickly, but it offers a scenic route.  And in order to pass in either direction, inward or outward, I must also pass through the test of Desert; these challenges may be uncomfortable but they offer me an opportunity to test my skills in real life. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment