Sunday, January 5, 2014

1/5/14

My first Transparent Oracle of the year!

5, Landscape: Mountains (East). East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  Mountains tells us that our goals are in sight, but there will still need to be strength, skill and perseverance before accessing that goal.  Mountains also allow us to rise up above the chaos, confusion and noise of our mundane world in order to experience peace and solitude.  This card tells me that I’ve got a good strong foundation in place, and now it is time to look forward and up.

12, Weather: Lightning (South): South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity. In the T-O, the weather associated with the South is Lightning, and oh boy, does this make sense.  After all, South is about Fire, and Lightning is about a sudden eruption of heat and flame and light.  The energies of this card are full of drama, and maybe even a bit scary at times, but they are a great way to break down and end the effectiveness of blockages.

55, Guide: Mermaid (Below).  Ascension and escape from the physical world seem to be our tasks for this life; however, in order to ascend, we need to first understand this word we are attempting to grow out of.  The cards of Below assist us in that endeavor.  Mermaid tells us of many non-physically manifested concepts: feelings, emotions, love, compassion, and healing.  Like Water, none of these can be held in place by our hands, and yet all are important ingredients within a balanced and harmonious and satisfying life.  Learning to access these ingredients and use them for our benefit without “over-spicing” the recipe takes focus and Will, and loss of control can bring obsession and destruction, but it is well worth the risk.

I then stacked the cards and created my mandala.  I will be honest, because I am away with friends, I threw these cards last Tuesday morning, and they did not make sense to me then.  They sure do make sense now, though!  The mandala is actually quite pretty, filled with colors and patterns that my mind is enjoying.  Even the Lightning card, one of those four-sided cards that often brings a sense of unease to the picture, seems to be offering balance this time!  I am being told that I am ready to step forward, but I need to keep in mind that with this particular step forward, I am going to be asked to actively use my skills.  I am not the student any more, rather I am the teacher, and I will be expected to use my skills both in my own life, and as an example to others.  What better way to make use of hard-earned skills than to have them challenged?   Hang onto your hat, because the challenge will come when you least expect it, even if you think you are prepared.  But no worries; if that bolt of lightning seems to split your head, you still have that foundation (your outer, right self and your inner left self) holding you up. 

Today is the final day of this wild week with friends, celebrating our new neighbors.  I head for home later today, and everyone else but the new homeowners go home tomorrow.  I’ve eaten to a full stomach way too many times this week, and I won’t even step on the scale for a few days.  My Yoga practice has been spotty, but I will finally get back to normal. 

I feel very heavy and sluggish.  I spent some time in bed this morning opening up my chakras and beginning the process of cleaning the sludge out of them.  It is amazing how focused on the physical body I have become, focused not in a good way.  My body has forgotten what it feels like to have my muscles stretched and humming with warmth.  I understand completely why people fast before ceremonies and meditations, because right now I don’t feel capable of focusing clearly on anything; my digestive system is getting all the energy.  Clean out and recharge; both are on the agenda! 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment