Friday, January 24, 2014

1/24/14

Eight of Swords reversed/The Sun. The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or maybe perceived obstacles.   This card is reversed, and that means it is about freedom.  A burden may fall away today, at least temporarily, and offer me a much-needed respite. The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and it tells of a time of enlightenment and peace that comes after the completion of some ordeal.  This card tells me that today, reality will be bright and pleasant, and I should celebrate that I’ve made it through the Darkness.  I also need to keep in mind that this moment in The Sun is temporary; soon I will need to get back to work.

My Thoth cards are the Ten of Swords (“Ruin”) and the Princess of Disks reversed. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the perception that interference, powerlessness and restriction will rule the day.  This card can be seen as representing a breakdown of the thinking and analyzing process, and I need to realize this influence may be in play.  The Princess/Page of Disks (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner. The Princess of Pentacles loves to learn new things and have new experiences, but she also loves to also be a catalyst for change in the physical world, change for everyone.  Crowley sees this Princess as representing womanhood in its purest form, fertile and pure at the same time.  In any event, my Thoth Princess of Disks is reversed, which means that her combination of innocent optimism and ability to stick to a task may not be good tools for me today.  Or, another interpretation is that the breakdown of thinking that is the Ten of Swords is preventing me from tapping into these lovely energies of my Princess. 

My Legacy card is The Chariot reversed, flavored by The Hermit reversed. The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions.  My Chariot is reversed, and I am being reminded that blocks or setbacks may happen, but I can’t focus on them or allow them to affect my decisions today, or things will go awry.  My reversed Chariot is being flavored by another reversed Major Arcana card, The Hermit reversed. The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and in an upright position is about searching within for a deeper meaning, often through solitude bordering on discomfort.  My Hermit is reversed, and the reversed Hermit in the Legacy Tarot tells me that I might just be applying too much caution, or I might be hiding too much of myself.  Perhaps this inappropriate isolation is the focus that is ending up reversing that Chariot.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation from the position and potential of the Ace and the balance, polarity, and energy of “distance between” of the 2.

My horoscopes: “Inspiration drawn from recent religious or spiritual occurrences could have you writing down accounts of your experiences, Sagittarius, perhaps with the idea of someday publishing them. Your concentration could well be intense, as writing for you today may not be only creative but therapeutic as well. It will also help to attend classes or workshops or simply to discuss the subject with a friend. Knowledge is essential.

And: “You may be feeling like you are not able to get much done today, but don't sweat it. Whatever you do, don't pressure yourself into thinking you have a certain agenda that must get accomplished before sundown. Your heart and mind are in the same place, but you may not be exactly sure in which direction you should send this energy. Don't feel like you need to decide right now. You won't deflate by tomorrow.

Another Wild Unknown Tarot card: Temperance.  The image of this card is a great blue heron standing beside a beautiful fire; the heron appears to be shaking or flapping his wings, and drops of water are falling onto the flame, which still burns brilliantly.  Heron is an interesting totem, representing someone who is determined to set his own course in life, yet is able to go with the flow in order to survive and prosper.  I have watched these majestic creatures fly, and they move slowly and deliberately and confidently, seeming to fly without expending effort at all.  They are able to remain completely still as they hunt, seeming to meditate without distraction; then they dart with speed, capturing their meal.  Heron also teaches balance; this bird can wade confidently through a swamp that would cause others to founder, and he can easily stand on one foot and still be ready for action.  Stillness . . . stillness that is effective because Heron is comfortable in any situation.

Today I did the first part of my initiation.  I have already initiated as 1st Degree and 2nd Degree, before my Coven changed its initiation practices.  Today I was initiated into the Inner Circle of my Coven, as a Coven Priestess.  Now, I am ready to move onward with my studies.  I must choose a new Path in my training.  This will require a bit of thought.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment