Saturday, January 25, 2014

1/25/14

Eight of Cups/Queen of Wands reversed. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  In reality, in order to step away from something that no longer serves us, we must first sever the ties in our emotional body.  That is exactly what this card is telling me to do.  I have come to a place in my life where I must decide to listen to my heart, and accept what is important to that heart . . . and what is not important. The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) in an upright position is energetic, adaptable and enthusiastic; she is filled with persistent energy and calm authority at the same time, and because of this she draws others to her. She is reversed today, and she is telling me that something may be preventing me from seeing clearly.  I need to be aware that strong emotions can fog my perceptions.  Both cards seem to be telling of this effect.

My Thoth cards are the Queen of Cups and the Knight (King) of Disks reversed. The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  She is telling me that emotionally this needs to be a passive kind of day, except for when it comes to love.  Love is always the correct answer. The Knights of the Thoth Tarot are actually the Kings.  The King of Disks (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical world manifestation of all kinds.  He is good at managing physical world resources, but he focuses a lot on the business end of things.  The thing about that kind of focus is that it becomes narrowed into the planning, and that might not be a good thing for me today.  Sometimes we do need to look at how things feel, rather than at the end result we are aiming for.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Coins, flavored by the Four of Swords reversed.  Lots of Court Cards today! The Knight of Coins (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring.  Today I should be effective in the material world, thanks to the focus and diligence of this Knight.  Long-term projects are a good focus for me today.  My Knight of Coins is being flavored by the reversed Four of Swords. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation, that should be used to prepare for challenges to come.  My card is reversed, however, and a pause may not be advisable today.  I may be getting conflicting messages regarding my emotions and my passions, but these two cards offer clear advice: think long-term and keep the mind active and agile.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “Beware of unexpected circumstances today, Sagittarius. The good news is that your flexible attitude is perfectly suited to deal with the twists and turns that this day is likely to offer. While other people may get upset when their plans go awry, you'll find that you can surf the waves easily and turn any situation into a positive one, regardless of the way in which you planned things to work out originally.

And: “Get out in the world as much as possible, because you have a great deal to share with others. Relationships with men will go especially well today, so now is a good time to patch up any differences that may be dangling in the air. Open your mind up even wider than it already is and see how your energy fits in with the collective. You have strong opinions that will prove to be very useful in setting the record straight once and for all.

Yesterday, I formally dedicated myself permanently to my Coven and my Arch High Priestess in an Initiation ritual.  I am one of only three who have done this, one other High Priestess (and my personal mentor), and a Second Degree Priestess and Third Degree Dedicant, who was Initiated with me yesterday.  This was no small decision on my part, and I have done a lot of pondering and shed a lot of tears over the past two weeks or so, as I was presented with a Dark Night of the Soul in order to be absolutely certain that this Initiation was right for me.  In the end, despite challenges and tests, I eagerly and willingly reaffirmed my dedication to my Coven, this time pledging myself for the rest of this life.

Everything I do going forward is colored by this decision, and as I sit here, typing this entry, I feel settled and confident and serene.  Moreso, dare I say, than I have felt in a long time.  This kind of spiritual commitment is powerful, especially when the preparation for the commitment is done correctly.  I can feel the effects of this power, swirling within me, scouring away the detritus of the past and preparing me for the next step in my growth and evolution.  My very foundation has been made stronger by this commitment. 

It is only right that I pause here, and offer gratitude to those who have paused on their own Journey along the Well-Worn Path in order to look back and offer me encouragement and support.  I am grateful to you, Lorien, my spiritual leader.  I am grateful to you, Lilyth, my ever-faithful and wise mentor.  I am grateful to the Hubs and my family.  And I am grateful to every person I have ever helped, and to every person I have ever failed.  My thoughts, words and deeds have been far from perfect, yet always offered in Perfect Love and Trust, with the intent to Harm None. 

Blessed Be!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment