Wednesday, January 8, 2014

1/8/14

The Lovers reversed/King of Pentacles. The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, problems or challenges; Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual; Zayin, double-edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) tells of duality, union, and personal choices.  This card is about love, but it is also about our personal values and how they affect our choices, and the promises we make to others.  The Lovers present the two halves that when united are greater than the sum of their parts.  Because my card is reversed, the union may not manifest itself with the expected positive effect.  My focus should not be on relationships today, but I do need to be careful with my own heart or the hearts of others. The King of Pentacles (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on managing resources and on the physical world manifestation of all kinds.  The King is the steward of Nature and the generous and supporting boss, and he is reminding me that I need to appreciate the talents and abilities of those around me, for they have the potential to bring benefit to all. 

My Thoth cards are The Moon and the Ace of Cups reversed. The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  This card may be about falsehood and the Dark Night of Soul, but Crowley sees it as being about magick and mystery.  As long as I understand illusions and visions for what they are (and what they aren’t), I should be okay. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  My Ace is reversed, and to some extent it validates my Moon card.  Realistic connections to people around me might not happen today, and I need to keep in mind that emotions and instincts might be a bit out of whack.

My Legacy card is the Four of Cups reversed, flavored by the King of Wands.  That makes sense. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) in an upright position reminds me of something I know, that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses. This is a card that describes what can happen when nothing goes wrong in our lives: we become numb to pleasure and serenity and can’t find satisfaction in our lives. Because my card is reversed, I am taking this as a validation that I have moved on from the excesses of the holidays and I am moving toward better health. My reversed Four of Cups is being flavored by the King of Wands. The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is admired by all, is able to assert authority without alienating others, and his achievements not only bring him benefits, but also increase the quality of life for those around him.  Nice combination.  Emotions won’t distract me and I will overcome blockages and in the end make the day a good one!

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that adds motion to stability in order to prevent stagnation. 

My horoscopes: “You are seeing a new side of yourself today, Sagittarius, and what a lovely side it is! Normally so conservative, today you find yourself considering purchasing clothes with stylish details and expensive fabrics. And why not? You only live once, after all. And romance is definitely in the air today, so any sexy or sensuous purchases you make are bound to find an audience.”

And: “Today, it may finally be time to make that important decision that will affect you and your love life for a very long time! Don't be too bewildered by the importance of this decision. You need to take the time you need to get some perspective on things in order to be in the right state of mind to make the decision that is best for you. But, it's ok to have some doubts, because you know just how important this decision is to your future.

I had a busy day.  I offered Thai Massage, and Gentle Yoga, did my own Yoga practice, and worked for The Hubs.  I finally feel as if I am making progress in my recovery from the holidays.  Inch by inch!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment