Monday, January 20, 2014

1/20/14

The Lovers/Knight of Wands.  The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, problems or challenges; Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual; Zayin, double-edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) tells of duality, union, and personal choices.  This card is about love, but it is also about our personal values and how they affect our choices, and the promises we make to others.  The Lovers present the two halves that when united are greater than the sum of their parts.  It is about communion of all kinds, and this kind of uniting energy will be a part of my day.  The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  This Fiery Knight tends to be about the goal or end result, without taking into consideration any consequences, but his enthusiasm can be inspiring. I need to keep that in mind.

My Thoth cards are the Four of Swords (“Truce”) reversed, and The Wheel reversed.  The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation, that should be used to prepare for challenges to come.  There have been many challenges lately, but I certainly hope that I am done with needing to prepare for more; perhaps that is why my Four of Swords is reversed.  **crosses fingers*  The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  Because my Wheel is also reversed, I may be able to make changes by imposing my Will on a situation.  These two together tell me that I need to believe in my own ability to create the end results I want.

My Legacy card is the King of Coins, flavored by the Nine of Wands.  The King of Coins (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on managing resources and on the physical world manifestation of all kinds.  The King is the steward of Nature and the generous and supporting boss, and he is depended on by others because he always comes through with whatever is needed.  This King understands that instant gratification is rare, and he knows how to wait patiently for what he wants.  My King is being flavored by the Nine of Wands.  The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves so we can guard our assets.  This card also tells of wisdom that is only obtained by long-term focus.  While the elemental correspondences of these two cards, Earth and Air, are opposing, they do have things in common.  My King knows very well that long-term focus is often the answer, and the Nine of Wands offers the energy and staying power to hang in there.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of the conscious and deliberate response to the slowing of growth and beginning of degeneration of the 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance of the 6. 

My horoscopes: “On days like today it's important to take time out to reflect upon the events of the past few days, Sagittarius. Is it possible you've decided to change certain things about yourself and your behavior? If you could just devote a few minutes a day to all the little details in your personality, the changes will go much more smoothly. The atmosphere today may help you think about this.”

And: “Today, you might be experiencing lot of anticipation concerning an upcoming vacation. Last-minute arrangements could require your attention, but you'll be all too glad to take care of them. Friends or family members who may be accompanying you could also be caught up in the excitement. You've got a lot of fun ahead of you, so go ahead and go with the flow. It might help, however, to make lists and check things off so you won't forget anything.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment