Tuesday, January 14, 2014

1/14/14

Two of Swords/Ten of Swords.  Yep, makes sense to me! The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  The serenity of this card happens because we choose to not receive or acknowledge as valid the information that comes to us from the outside, or maybe because we choose to not listen at all, whether the information is valid or not.  The Llewellyn Two of Swords is about being unsure whether I have all the information, or whether those around me are friends or foes, and thus I feel the need to protect myself.  The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the perception that interference, powerlessness and restriction will rule the day.  The Llewellyn Welsh version of this card is uncomfortable; it tells of slander, hurt, and the breakdown of relationships.  Even if this mental perception is accurate, I am being told this is as bad as it gets.  With these two cards together, I need to be careful that my time of shutting out the world does not lead to self-pity.

My Thoth cards are the Five of Wands (“Strife”) and the Queen of Wands reversed.  There’s that warning again.  The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical) indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross-purposes.  Often this card tells of a clash of multiple ideas, or it tells of inconsistent efforts, both of which could be lessened by a re-evaluation of some kind.  The thing I need to remember is that this discomfort is not necessarily evil or bad (even if it might be easier for me to believe that).  The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) in an upright position is energetic, adaptable and enthusiastic; she is filled with persistent energy and calm authority at the same time, and because of this she draws others to her. She is reversed today, for the second day in a row, and I am being warned that brooding leads nowhere.  Unfortunately, this Queen in a reversed position also warns that I might be not getting the real story somewhere; oh boy.

My Legacy card is the Five of Coins reversed, flavored by The Wheel reversed. The Five of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) in an upright position tells of some loss or need within the physical world.  Sometimes this card can indicate an inability to balance personal issues with professional issues; whatever the issue, the upright card presents the hidden reminder that there may be light in unlooked-for places.  Because my card is reversed, today I may realize that discipline has brought an ebbing of these kinds of situation.  My reversed Five of Coins is being flavored by another reversed card, The Wheel.  The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  Because the card is reversed, I may be able to make changes by imposing my Will on a situation.  These two together tell me that success will happen as long as I keep my efforts steady. 

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel; why does that not surprise me?), which reduces further to 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Rational thought gets muddled today as everything seems to be happening to you at once, Sagittarius. Everyone wants your advice, lots of people need favors, and those in authority have new tasks for you. Stay calm and don't react by getting short with people. Play triage officer and help those in the most need first. Warn the others you might not get to them. This way you won't make yourself crazy. Hang in there!

And: “Take a step back from the fire today, and examine your position. You have made bold moves outwards and now it is time to stop and evaluate. Listen to the reactions from other people and take their advice to heart. Other people may see things in your current situation that you do not. Don't let yourself get trapped and boxed in by narrow-minded ways of thinking. Digest what you know and expand your experiences.”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment