Monday, January 13, 2014

11/13/14

Ace of Pentacles reversed/Nine of Swords.  Aces present potential only, and the Ace of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world, and perhaps the physical world is where I can have the most impact today.  My Ace is reversed today, and that could mean I might experience the more uncomfortable aspects of the element of Earth: greed, jealousy, or the twisting or distorting of values. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or to delays in obtaining something.  Worrying accomplishes nothing besides wasting energy; I need to remember that today.

My Thoth cards are the Ace of Cups and the Two of Swords (“Peace”) reversed.  The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  This card is not about the emotions themselves or their effects, but rather the potential for emotion to play a part in my day. The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  The serenity of this card happens because we choose to not receive or acknowledge as valid the information that comes to us from the outside.  However, my card is reversed; does this mean that feelings will create an unhealthy tendency to shut out the world? 

My Legacy card is the Four of Swords reversed, flavored by the Queen of Wands reversed.  Another quiet Swords card in a reversed position!  The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation, that should be used to prepare for challenges to come.  Perhaps this card in a reversed position is telling me that the time of pause and preparation is over, and activity is happening, whether I am ready or not.  My reversed Four of Swords is being flavored by the reversed Queen of Wands.  The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) in an upright position is energetic, adaptable and enthusiastic; she is filled with persistent energy and calm authority at the same time, and because of this she draws others to her. She is reversed today and tells me that if I allow today to be about just being who I am, I might alienate others today.  Wow, looks like I might be better off going back to bed!

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the end of a cycle, which can be reduced further to 1, the number of position and potential. 

My horoscopes: “A rosy glow over your recent career successes could cause you to congratulate yourself over your growing bank account. This trend should continue for a while, Sagittarius, if you keep on working as you have and maintain a positive and optimistic attitude. Your relationships with others around you, particularly the opposite sex, should be especially warm and loving right now. This should prove to be a thoroughly gratifying day. Use it to your advantage.

And: “Recently, you have had the tendency to neglect the relationships with your entourage and colleagues. You sometimes have to treat your relations diplomatically! But it seems that your enthusiastic nature destabilizes the person you are talking to. Therefore, you should try to change your behavior. If you are more diplomatic, you will probably find the happiness you are looking for.

I read an interesting blog post (http://www.yogitimes.com/article/what-is-a-yogi-regular-yoga-practice-svadhyaya-isvara-pranidhana/) which described the steps to becoming a Yogi.  Simple steps, actually; they consist of (1) cultivating Tapas (), (2) indulging in Svadhyaya (knowing yourself), and (3) the icing on the cake, Isvara Pranidhana (giving your life force to a higher power).  In practicing these three things, we end up with “. . . a ‘non-obsessive, daily practice.’  Like brushing your teeth or writing a thank-you letter . . .” our Yoga practice becomes instinctive and happens without conscious thought.  I like that!

I received some exciting news this morning!  My Third Degree Initiation is happening, this Friday at 4 pm!  I will be receiving preparation instructions either tonight or tomorrow, and I am very excited about all of this.  I have been working towards this Third Degree Initiation for years; I have been a member of my Coven and community since joining as a Dedicant in late May, 2002, over 13 years ago.  I have studied long and hard, and I have grown immensely.  This step is huge; it will be the ending of a cycle, but also a new and very exciting beginning!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment