Monday, October 12, 2009

Six of Cups/Three of Pentacles reversed. Today I may find that my focus is on the past, and the good times that give the past a rosy glow, rather than on today and on working hard in order to bring a prosperous future.

My Thoth card is the Three of Pentacles. Crowley calls this card “The Lord of Work,” and it is about creating. After all, the number 3 creates something new out of the energies of the Ace and the manifestation of the 2, and the suit of Pentacles is in part about creation and fertility.

My Legacy card is the Six of Swords. I had this card on Friday; another day of weaving my way carefully around the obstacles of the swords, with confidence and with eyes forward and looking into the future rather than focusing on the obstacles at my feet. Those two Three of Pentacles cards kind of erase much of the effects of the suit of Pentacles, which leaves me Cups and Swords, Water and Air, and the number 6, which tells of horizontal and vertical balance. I see that it is going to be an interesting day.

We had a great weekend! The weather was beautiful, and I got a lot of the Fall cleanup done outside. I am really pleased with the amount of work that I got done. We went out to dinner to Union Park on Saturday night, and had a lovely meal.

The most exciting thing about the entire weekend for me was that I interacted with Miss Pauline!! Two explanations are necessary here.

First, I am not a natural medium; I can open myself to “ghosts” during the time that the Veil is thin, but I do not get detailed messages, and I cannot choose who I communicate with.

Second, our Cape May cottage has a ghost, per my sister in law, my niece and my dance partner, all of whom are natural mediums. Actually, my dance partner tells me that there is a second ghost in the attic, but he does not come down. But we have a ghost who is a little old black woman who pretty much hangs out in the back bedroom. She will not come downstairs (not more than a step or two so she can peak down into the living room). I described her to a neighbor who has lived on the street for almost 50 years, and the neighbor knew just who it was, so we even have a name for our ghost, Miss Pauline. Friday night, once hubby started snoring, I grabbed my pillow and an extra blanket and moved into the back bedroom. I curled up on my right side, with my back to the room, and wrapped myself in the blanket and fell back to sleep.

I came half awake when I felt my blanket being pulled off of me. I vaguely remember yanking the blanket back, only to have it pulled again as I started falling back to sleep. Again I pulled the blanket around me only to have it tugged. Then, I felt someone sit on the bed. I actually opened my eyes and looked to see if Bob or my mother in law had come into the bedroom, the sensation of someone sitting on the bed was so real.

I curled up again, and started to doze off, only to have the blanket tugged again. This time when Miss Pauline sat down, I could feel her leaning against my hip. All of these sensations were incredibly real.

I am embarrassed to say that I was quite irritable with Miss Pauline. I looked at my watch and saw that it was 3:30, and then told her in no uncertain terms that I was tired and she needed to let me sleep. When I woke up on Saturday morning, I lay there for a bit, remembering, and I was embarrassed. All this time I wished that I could experience more than just the sense of her presence; finally it happened and I pretty much told her to go away and leave me alone. I sat on the bed and spoke out loud to Miss Pauline, apologizing for my irritability.

Saturday night, as usual hubby began buzzing, so I moved into the back bedroom and fell asleep with my back to the room. Sure enough, the exact same thing happened. Someone pulled at my blanket with a steady and very real pressure until I surfaced out of the realms of sleep, and then I felt someone sit on the bed, right up against my hip. I was careful to not open my eyes (because she disappeared when I did that the night before), and I smiled and whispered her name out loud, and thanked her for coming back. I fell back to sleep filled with a cozy and safe feeling.

Again, these sensations were startlingly real and intense, and I have never experienced anything like this before. If it had only happened the one night, I would have assumed that I dreamed it, but the same thing happened both nights. I did not open my eyes because when I looked around that first night, the sensations faded away, so I do not know if there was anything to see along with the sensations. But the second night, as long as my eyes were closed and I lay still, I could feel Miss Pauline leaning against me. How incredible is that??

$

No comments:

Post a Comment