Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Page of Wands/Five of Swords reversed. Today I may be tempted to allow my Younger Self to rule the day. And that Five of Swords may be reversed today, but it is still there; this means that my Younger Self can go out to play, but I need to keep an eye on her so that her enthusiasm doesn’t get her hurt.

My Thoth card is the Queen of Swords. Back to the Court Cards again. This Queen is a keen observer, a subtle interpreter and an intense individualist who is confident in her ability to effectively balance the challenges of the day. This card is a nice balance to the enthusiasm of the Page of Wands.

My Legacy card is the Six of Swords reversed. This card is about moving to a better place, but because it is reversed, I am being told that while a move might be a good thing to contemplate, the way is not yet clear before me and the dangers outweigh the benefits of moving forward blindly right now. I need to look before I leap and I need to be optimistic because the potential for moving forward is there, but it has not yet ripened.

My horoscope: “Spirit and soul may seem out of balance today. A part of you may be longing to break from society and live a more spiritual life, but worldly responsibilities and attachment to your current lifestyle might get in your way. These things don't happen overnight, dear Sagittarius. You have to let them develop in their own way, in their own time. Right now, the key is finding balance between the spiritual and the material.”

Simplifying matters:

I like working on my own and having control of what I put out.
I like working close to home.
I like being able to connect with Nature at will, even if this only happens through a window.
I like being able to go out and get a fresh salad for lunch.
I like to write, draw, make jewelry, or anything else that involves creativity.
I like to work with and learn about the human energy field and the operations of the physical body.
I like learning about the human psyche and expressing that knowledge through the Tarot.

I don’t like having to get up early when I want to sleep in a little more (to make it simple, I am not an early morning person).
I don’t like having to be working for a specific block of time that is exactly the same every day, whether there is work to be done or not.
I don’t like not being able to adjust or split up or shift that time in order to enable me to do other things.
I don’t mind doing clerical work but I don’t like the way it shuts my brain down.

I need to be able to find a way to incorporate the things I like into my career. I don’t mind working hard for long hours when those hours are invested in work about which I am enthusiastic.

I need to be able to incorporate these things without having to go to school in order to do this. For instance, I would love to become a certified massage therapist, but I would have to take a block of time out from my day job (months) in order to do this, and I can’t afford to spend money on tuition and not get paid a regular salary.

I need to find the right audience for my skills.

Okay, that doesn’t simplify matters that much, it just makes it easier to see what I like, don’t like and need. There just has to be a career for me out there that brings in enough money to live on and feeds my soul at the same time! I am determined to discover it. *bangs fist on desk*

Both my cards and my horoscope today are telling me that I can’t give up; even if it seems that I am not making progress, I am.

One thing I am certain of: the internet will have some answer or tool or support for me. The internet will be a part of whatever it is that I am meant to do, and it very well may be a part in my discovering exactly what it is that I am meant to do.

$

4 comments:

  1. it's amazing to me how much we are on the same page, including trusting that the internet is going to somehow be part of the answer to all these questions. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just has to be a big part of my future. After all, it is a big part of what got me here, to this moment!

    Now all I have to do is figure out what I should be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great how you are really defining what you like and what you don't. I'm sure being a spelling/grammar/punctuation nazi...interactions with me must be difficult *laughing*

    I like to create my own language sometimes ~ However, I have always admired your use of the ';' <--I mean that...lol...
    ---------------

    My own $.02 ~ take or leave as you wish ~

    In your last post you said you were perhaps open 'to some mini-careers..that would add up to one big career (in terms of money)'

    I completely understand what you are saying..I mean..don't we all want that? In reality, though (not that you aren't living in reality..just as an FYI) what *seems* like a mini-career..is really *much* more work...much bigger than you would imagine (if you really want it to succeed...you don't just put something on the interenet and watch the checks come in)

    ....you have to decide packaging..and colors..and fonts..and 'how am I going to market myself? and to whom?' Do I need a new printer? or will I hire one? The table for my event doesn't fit in my car..do I need a new car? What's my profit margin? Etc..etc..Ad Infinitum/Ad Nauseum

    Endless sorts of questions like that...

    if you don't focus your energy and answer those questions...you are not doing yourself...or your mini-business any good...you are simply throwing your energy out in a bunch of different directions....essentially wasting it.

    Also ~ there is something to be said for a regular paycheck....one that is 100% profit, you know? Rather than some random number (that changes weekly) that is divided into overhead/cost/labor/tax/profit etc...

    I suppose..my $.02 would be to simply focus yourself a bit....and do what you can while you still have the regular paycheck coming in.

    I know that you already know this stuff...it's just good to hear sometimes, I think...maybe it's just annoying...lol...

    As always..I'm here if you like. =)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I know what you are saying, Vulture, but since you are my idol (after all, you are living your dream), your words of wisdom are always, always appreciated.

    I know that I will have to take the leap sooner or later (hopefully sooner). But for now, that regular paycheck has to be at least part of my focus. But that is okay, 'cause I'm gonna get this done; fer sher. LOL, that semicolon was for you!

    ReplyDelete