Friday, October 2, 2009

Five of Wands/King of Cups. I may experience “turns ta” today (everything I touch turns ta dog poop), and maybe even some challenging ethical choices, possibly involving skeptics, but as long as I don’t adopt an “every man for himself” attitude and instead, choose to allow my own experiences to build emotional and spiritual bridges that connect me to both my protractors and detractors, all will end well. No judging allowed, and the tools I should access are peace, harmony and diplomacy.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Swords. Back to the Court Cards. Today I will find that I am very good at settling differences and calming upheavals, and recording new ideas. My powers of perception will be at their peak, and my interpretations will be just and ethical.

My Legacy card is Faith. Today I am being told to notice that it is the shining light of faith that unites us all, and although traditions and spiritual paths may be different, we are joined with the universe because we are all spiritual entities that are housed in physical bodies. I should think about the traditions of my faith today, I should offer a devotion to my own Deities, and I should put what I believe into practice.

My horoscope: “A large assembly of forces is gathering at this time to make a bold statement and an important pledge, dear Sagittarius. This is the kind of movement that brings together entire generations and unites people to form a revolution of some sort. Put away the petty issues, and think on a global scale. Educate yourself about what is going on in the world, and take a more aggressive stand in fighting for what you believe. A small group of intelligent individuals can make a tremendous impact.”

All of my interactions on the internet have become filled with an extra flavor of meaning. So much of my focus has moved inward already, even though the waning year is only middle aged, and the fountain of energy that Uriel opened within me months ago is emitting more warmth and pressure than ever. This is certainly going to be an interesting Winter season!

I am reading an interesting book called “Your Aura & Your Chakras: The Owner’s Manual” by Karla McLaren that has offered some interesting concepts that relate to my explorations of the “energy self” and the “online self.” I am just beginning the chapters that describe the workings of the aura, and early on the author begins to discuss the concept of boundaries. She explains how people who do not have boundaries end up running amok, mainly because they allow all of themselves to focus outward to the point that their entire “self” is outer, and their inner self does not exist at all. This effect can be seen in people who live their lives on automatic pilot, totally connected to their physical selves and the effects of their senses to the point that their inner self has atrophied. This effect can be seen in people who are so concerned with their “cause” that they allow that cause to become their entire reason for existence, to the point that if the cause disappears, they are lost and cut adrift because their inner selves are empty of everything but their cause.

The author also explains the two kinds of energy that are within each personal energy field. The energy that is stored within the body has to do with the inner self, with the physical workings of the body and with personal feelings and ideas about the self. The energy that is stored within the aura, which is outside the physical body, has to do with the feelings about the person’s place in the world, the person’s feelings about the world, and about how others see the person. To me, the person’s feelings about himself or herself are also stored in the aura. All of the energies that are stored in the aura can affect the person (because the energy body and the physical body interact), and they can affect the other people that the person comes into contact with or even passes close to.

The lesson here is that not only do our emotions and beliefs affect our entire self (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual), but the emotions and beliefs of others can affect us as well. There are two sides to this coin: one is that we need to ground and cleanse our energy self often, and the second is that we have a responsibility to actively choose our emotions and beliefs, because they can and will affect others.

LOL, and I am not even 50 pages into the book.

$

2 comments:

  1. I feel so inadequate....I am the *exact* same person...online...offline...asleep.

    This is me ~ warts 'n all. I need to be more profound...I need an 'online' self..and a 'offline' self..and a witchy self..and a self-self..and......

    What's wrong with me?

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a single thing is wrong with you! LOL, maybe there is something wrong with me.

    I am soooo into this, maybe because I have been trying to help a few people deal with the negative aspects of the online self, and the ways that the online self can deceive, whether premeditated or without the intent to harm. Every book that I pick up has some tidbit of information that adds to my moments of understanding.

    LOL, just drop the net over me. *crazy grin*

    ReplyDelete