Friday, November 8, 2013

11/8/13

Four of Swords reversed/Three of Cups. .  The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation.  This card is often seen as suggesting that the pause be used in preparation for challenges to come, and since my Four of Swords is reversed, I am being told that things should be clearing up for me.  Yay! The Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) is about connections, emotional abundance, and about blessings.  This is seen as the friendship card, and it is telling me that harmony and good company will prevail.

My Thoth cards are The Moon and the Five of Disks. The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  All of these things can work for us, when we imagine, or they can work against us, when we fear unreasonably.  This card is telling me that today, nothing is as it seems, and the fog could be hiding some important factors. The Five of Disks (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of some loss or need within the physical world.  Crowley’s keyword for this card is “Worry,” and these two cards together are telling me that I just might be allowing worry to strangle me.  It is what it is, and all I can do is my best. 

My Legacy card is Faith/The Hierophant, flavored by The Magician.  Whoahhhh! The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony.  Marchetti renamed this card “Faith” so that it would expand beyond its traditional meanings (in some decks, this card is called “Pope”).  To me the best meaning of this card is found in the definition of the Hebrew letter Vau, “the nail which holds tradition in place.”  This nail can make tradition and ceremony available to all, or it can hold us back by insisting on dogma that does not allow evolution. The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician works hard to perfect his abilities, to make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and to focus and carry through to the end of a task (which is pretty important to him).  This card is personally significant to me, and since he represents the manifestation of tangible knowledge, he makes a significant partner to the Faith card.  Today is about both knowledge and the power to manifest.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “Take a break from what you're doing. Look at what people are doing around you. Check your plans in relation to those of others and see if there's a way you can combine forces and kill more birds with fewer stones. Cooperation instead of competition is the lesson that needs to be emphasized today. The better you learn this today, the better off you'll be tomorrow.

And: “Long-term trends have been gaining momentum for quite sometime now, and you may find that things are finally slipping into place. A spark could come today in which your sense of creativity is met with a powerful inspiration that comes from the heart. Do things with passion and expand your sense of self. There is no need to be shy about who you are and what you believe in. Love and romance is on its way.

I’ve been fighting a head cold for the past few days.  Thankfully, there is no indication this cold is taking the usual path to bronchitis/pneumonia, but I’ve felt kind of lousy.  Interestingly enough, Wednesday morning when I logged onto the internet, I found an article about how to differentiate between a head cold, the flu, bronchitis and pneumonia.  Now I know that last year I had both bronchitis and pneumonia, and I should have been in the hospital.  I guess I will be paying a bit more attention to my health.

I also read that the best things we can do when we have a head cold is wash our hands a lot, get rest, drink warm mugs of something, and exercise enough to break a sweat.  Yep, you read that right, exercise enough to break a sweat.  So, I went to my regularly scheduled Yoga class Wednesday night and the gentle class last night.  I had a cup of tea (mint/chamomile) when I got home, I slept well, and I actually feel a bit better; no more of that achy irritable sensation. 

In the mean time, I have not lost my knack for using the discomforts of illness in order to meditate.  I was able to do this last year when I was so sick, and I have not lost the skill in spite of the fact that I have not been real sick since then. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment