Friday, November 22, 2013

11/22/13:

Queen of Wands/The Universe reversed. The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) is energetic, adaptable and enthusiastic; she is filled with persistent energy and calm authority at the same time, and because of this she draws others to her.  This Queen could be seen as a self-made woman who has earned her standing in her world through her own hard work, but who has not forgotten where she came from.  She tells me to enjoy the fruits of my labor, but to find more fulfillment from leaving my mark on the world. The Universe/World, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  My card is reversed, and one of the descriptions of the reversed Llewellyn Welsh Universe card is “. . . being unable to maintain one’s center.”  Yes, I do understand that.  I’ve been dealing with a Fog on and off for the past few months, in part I am certain due to my second Saturn Return.  These two  cards present an important message: The Fog will be there (with good purpose), and the way to deal with it is to focus on accomplishments rather than “stuff.”

My Thoth cards are the Nine of Wands (“Strength”) and the Five of Wands reversed (“Strife”). The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells us to prepare for the worst, but to wait before being aggressive. The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical) in an upright position indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross-purposes. These discomforts can be beneficial, but they aren’t fun.  Growing pains?  have good results in the end, the process of getting there might be uncomfortable.  I need to remember that at times like this, my biggest opposition is myself.  I can only choose my reactions, not the situations that require those reactions.  Perhaps today I can react in a good way to these annoyances, since my Five of Wands is reversed.

My Legacy card is the Four of Cups reversed, flavored by the Eight of Wands. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) tells us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses. This is a card that describes what can happen when nothing goes wrong in our lives: we become numb to pleasure and serenity and can’t find satisfaction in our lives.  Thankfully, my Four of Cups is reversed, so I should be able to appreciate what I have, rather than focusing on what I don’t have.  My Four of Cups is being flavored by the Eight of Wands. The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The energies of this card are fast and strong, but they do tend to attempt to bring some stability, albeit in a roundabout and sudden way.  The end result will be balance . . . once the dust settles.  In many ways, the Eight of Wands echoes The Tower, which has been appearing for me of late.  The difference is that the Eight of Wands represents the action happening immediately after the way has been cleared, while The Tower tells of the clearing of the way.  In any case, my Eight of Wands is validating the reversed nature of the Four of Cups, telling me that now is not the time to sit and dream about what I don’t have.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the end of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of potential and position.
           
My horoscopes: “When it comes to topics of love and romance, your feelings continue to be intercepted by words and opinions from others. What you want to keep private is suddenly made more public by mouths that just don't stop talking. Relax into the sensual element of love instead of getting caught up in more political aspects of the situation.

And: “You're likely to be looking and feeling beautiful and sexy today, and you're also likely to be "feeling your oats," as you are particularly aware of your own inner power. If you've been thinking about asking for something that you want, do it now. If you've been hoping for a romantic getaway, this is the day to plan it. Whatever you start right now is likely to be successful, more because of your own determination than anything else.

I went out with two of my Yoga buddies last night after Yoga Class, for a drink and some conversation.  We were given even more than that.  One of my friends is a technician at Englewood Hospital, working in Radiology giving PET Scans to cancer patients.  Not long after we arrived at the pub, we were sitting with full cosmos before us, chatting, when a gentleman walked over to where we were sitting from the other side of the room.  I noticed him approaching with a determined look on his face, walking confidently in a straight line toward us.  As he got close, my friend the technician suddenly began to smile.  The gentleman wrapped his arms around my friend, hugged her powerfully, then pulled back with a smile on his face.  He told my friend that he had to come over, he didn’t even know her name but he knew who she was and wanted to acknowledge how much she had helped him while he was being treated for cancer at Englewood Hospital.  He told her how well the treatment had worked, how optimistic he felt, and then he introduced us to his girlfriend.  He thanked my friend once more, and then the couple left.  As they walked away, the pair seemed to glow with love.  They had obviously discovered that life and the living of life is the gift, and because we don’t know how much time we have, we need to live each moment with awareness and gratitude.

Wow.  I am still amazed at what happened.  We, the three of us, were meant to be there last night, for so many reasons.  We were meant to be there so that this man could offer gratitude to my friend.  We were meant to be there so that my friend could be shown that she is making a positive difference in the world by just being herself.  We were meant to be there so my other friend could be reminded, during an emotionally challenging time in her life, that even difficult situations can be empowering in a wonderful way.  We were meant to be there so that I could feel awe for a petit, diminutive, soft-spoken woman who has experienced life-altering challenges in her life, challenges that might topple a stronger person, and yet can still be in a place where she gives 150% at all times, and is taken by surprise when gratitude is offered because of what she gives. 

Life is amazing sometimes. Every day, we are offered opportunities to grow and evolve, to offer love, to receive compassion, and to remember that each of us is connected to every other life on this planet.  Sometimes these opportunities are huge, but sometimes they are simple day-to-day interactions.  Our responsibility is to notice them, to be aware of them, and to honor them.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment