Sunday, November 17, 2013

11/17/13

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

29, Guide: Turtle (West). West is the direction of Water, and thus, of feelings and emotions, relationships of all kinds, cleansing and healing, the wisdom associated with natural endings, and the bubbling up of pure joy.  Water is Turtle’s environment, but not only Water, for like Otter, many Turtles are at home on Earth (and in fact, Turtles lay their eggs on Earth).  Turtle offers us an opportunity to learn about protection; not the kind of protection that shuts out the world but rather, the kind of protection that allows us to dive deep and explore the unknown without fear.  Turtle is also slow and steady, is patient, and endures; Turtle has a long lifespan, and has existed relatively unchanged since ancient times.  Turtle’s shell shows us how to exist in spite of the churning eddies of life, without being affected by them.  After all, she is able to safely travel between the worlds because she is well-protected.

59, Grail Hollows: The Stone (Below). The direction of Below is not easily associated with spirituality, yet it is a powerful symbol representing the opportunity to create a strong foundation, and to connect to the tools and powers of the Underworld.  The Stone represents the deepest and most pure manifestation of the element of Earth, and tells us of traditions that have been around for a long time (some of them relatively unchangeable, and that can be either good or bad).  The understanding of those traditions, and within that process, the determination of their validity for us personally, brings us authority.  This understanding also offers us entry into the understanding of the mysteries that are the foundation of spirituality, and of life and living.

66, Telepathy (Within). Within is the direction of the Self, and thus the cards associated with this direction deal with the ways our Self connects to the world and perceives the world, and the Self.  This direction is mostly abstract, and yet is our bridge to the Universe around us. Telepathy corresponds to the brow chakra, the element of Air, and Spirit.  It is about transmission and reception, and reminds us of the power of thoughts, ideas, visions and intentions; most importantly it is about connections of all kinds. 

I stacked my cards and created my mandala.  Everything on this one seems to be emanating outward from a central point.  Very cool!  The central point here is The Grail Hollows Stone, which represents the foundation we create, and the authority that allows us to build upon that foundation.  It looks like I am also being told that even though my personal foundation is very much centered in the physical world, the building I am to do is more connected with non-physical interactions.  I am being reminded that my foundation is indeed a safe and quiet hub, but I should not use my foundation to shut out the world.  Instead, I should use that foundation as a “touchstone” which allows me to move from the energy worlds and the future, to the physical world and the past, and everything in between.  That, after all, is the role of The Magician, my current Tarot archetype. 

Okay, I actually broke down and ordered a nice penny whistle, a Dixon D; I think it might be time to bring music back into my life.  But first, I need to re-learn how to read music.  I’ve been practicing a bit every day for the past week or so; by the time I receive my whistle, I will hopefully be ready to transfer sight reading into fingering. 

This weekend, The Hubs and I stayed home to work.  We’ve got a big project to finish, and then we would like to clear the rest of the stuff that has been on the side burner, before the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday weekend. 

Full Moon Blessings!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment