Monday, November 25, 2013

11/25/13

Seven of Wands/Eight of Swords.  Yep, I get this. The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, so I should have confidence in that judgment and take a stand and see things through to the end. Fear is the mind-killer . . . . The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or maybe perceived obstacles.   This card tells me that I am feeling powerless to control things that are coming from without, but what I need to remember is that I can only control my reaction to things, not the things themselves.  I need to take the first step, and I need to believe I **can** take that first step.

My Thoth cards are the Ten of Cups (“Satiety”) and the Eight of Disks (“Prudence). The Ten of Cups (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, spirituality, suffering and growth) offers the manifestation of happiness, simple joys, and fulfillment.  Uncle Al sees this card as warning us to wish carefully because once we get what we wish, we might not like it.  The Eight of Disks (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells us that diligence and an awareness of details is important.  Uncle Al sees this one as advising us to put something away for a rainy day; the focus of this card is the conscious care of the details, and perhaps the fulfillment to be had here is a combination of both cards.

My Legacy card is the Two of Cups reversed, flavored by the King of Coins. The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) in an upright position tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities.  It also has to do with recognizing these things and the effects they have on us.  My card is reversed, and perhaps there will be a sense of isolation infused in my day.  No matter, this is not a debilitating isolation.  The King of Coins (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on managing resources and on the physical world manifestation of all kinds.  The King is the steward of Nature and the generous and supporting boss, and he is flavoring my reversed Two of Cups.  This tells me that I can’t allow my feelings to control my decisions today.  Rather, I should manage my resources and not allow events to make me feel too bubbly, or too put upon.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “Finally, today, you'll know what it feels like to be in charge of things. You'll even feel that you were born to do it. In any case, you'll beautifully coordinate the day. You're the maestro conducting a full orchestra. You'll tell those around you what to do all day long. Isn't it fun to feel such personal power?

And: “The thing to do is celebrate, and the time to do it is now. Today marks the beginning of a new period for you in which you will have a greater connection with your loved ones and the people around you in general. All social activities are extremely favored so make sure to RSVP to every party invitation you get and tell the host or hostess that you will be attending.

Another Wild Unknown Tarot card: The Hanged Man.  How perfect!  The image on this Major Arcana card is fitting: a bat hanging upside down, wrapped cozily in his wings, with red, glowing eyes.  This bat appears at first glace to be totally surrendering to his upside-down pose, but actually he is quite alert, looking around and perceiving all.  Perceiving all from a unique perspective, and maybe seeing things that we aren’t seeing from our right-side-up stance.  The bat is not forced to assume this hanging position; he actually chooses to see the world this way, and is able to benefit from his choice.  And when he is ready to move on, all he has to do is let go, and he is immediately, effortlessly, able to soar.

And so, I begin my 59th year in this body.  I’m really hoping that the effects of my second Saturn Return will be fading now.

I saw so many bird of prey today on the way home from Cape May.  Lots of turkey vultures, all circling above the road; several hawks sunning themselves in the trees.  And a beautiful bald eagle appeared suddenly, right over the treetops, as he circled above the Parkway once, and then nearly brushing the uppermost branches of the trees on the side of the road, disappeared once more.  Cool!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment