Tuesday, November 26, 2013

11/26/13

The Hierophant reversed/Justice.  The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony.  The Hierophant is both the authority and advocate of tradition, but today, tradition, ritual and ceremony will hold me back rather than inspire me.  Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed). Justice is not blindfolded here because this justice comes from the Divine, and thus has clear perception.  Today I am being told to weigh circumstances carefully; I am also being told that I should not allow tradition to influence my efforts to obtain balance. 

My Thoth cards are the Two of Wands (“Dominion”) reversed and the Prince of Wands reversed.  Oh-kay then!  The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  My Two is reversed, and there might be some surprises today.  Control will not be easily implemented.  In the Thoth Tarot, the rank of Prince equals the rank of Knight.  The Prince/Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  My Knight is reversed, and indulging my impulses could get me into trouble.  These two reversed Wands cards tell of an imbalance and that imbalance will be veeery difficult to deal with.  I’ve got to be alert and grounded

My Legacy card is The Emperor reversed, flavored by the Ace of Wands.  Oooooh, okay, now I get it!  The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father.  The Emperor instills balance, but he is reversed.  Could there be ineffective micromanaging going on, to the extent that efforts are expended but the big picture is not being considered?  My reversed Emperor is being flavored by the Ace of Wands. The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project. This pure Fiery energy can be unpredictable, and it only presents the potential for confidence and authority, not the manifestation of that confidence or authority.  My only other upright card is Justice, and I need to be aware, light on my feet, and ready to improvise today!

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that introduces motion to stability in order to prevent stagnation. 

My horoscopes: “Do you often act as if the world is static and nothing ever changes? Sometimes you may think that humankind is a certain way, the world is a certain way, and so this is what you're going to do. Have you ever heard of evolution? The human race is constantly evolving, and so is the world. Look around!

And: “This isn't the moment to adhere to one particular philosophy, whatever it may be. You may feel frustrated by your inability to figure out which path to take, but ultimately this is very good for you. Continue to search around with your little flashlight, as weak as it may seem to you, because this is how you are going to get solid faith back again! Best of all, it will be a faith tailored just for you!

Another lovely Chair Yoga class!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment