Sunday, November 10, 2013

11/10/13

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

42, Guide: Angel (Above).  The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machinery. Angel is the Guide for the Celestial Realm, and you could say that Angel is one of the messengers who bridges the gap between us and the vast expanses of the Universe.  When Angel appears in a spread, some event or effect may have more significance than I think, and I had better pay attention.

33, Element: Earth (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Earth represents stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change; its dignities are cold/binds and dry/shapes.  Earth is the element of form and substance; it is connected to physical health, to material world security (and even wealth), and to our physical bodies and physical senses, and the pleasures and pains they bring.  Earth represents the fertile, nurturing and serene side of Nature, and it represents the tangible end result of our labors.

36, Guide: Bear (North). Earth represents stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change; its dignities are cold/binds and dry/shapes.  Bear is about protection and hibernation, power, shelter and instincts.  Mother bears are fierce, yet gentle, and that is the message of this card.  I am being told by Bear that I should protect and nurture myself, but I should also make use of what I’ve learned to not only connect with my own instincts, but also to nurture and guide others.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  This one is full of movement, strange when you have two cards from the North/Earth, and on initial examination, it seems to be chaos.  But upon further examination, I do find a clear message: yes, the world is filled with chaos, but if I have a good sense of myself, I can bring the messages swirling in that chaos into my everyday life in a vey effective way.  No book learning here, just opening the senses and listening to what the senses tell me!

I had a wonderful weekend.  We took our company to two evenings of the Cape May Jazz Festival, along with a day at Point Park, walking the 2 mile path.  Added to all this fun, we had some awesome conversations.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment