Monday, November 4, 2013

11/4/13

Five of Cups/Three of Cups reversed. The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or disappointment, or perhaps the belief that a wrong choice has been made. The message offered by this card is that we can’t let the sad stuff drag us down because there is value in every life experience, whether pleasant or uncomfortable.  Today, the lesson will be found in sad stuff. The Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) is about connections, emotional abundance, and about blessings.  In an upright position, this is seen as the friendship card, and because it is reversed, today’s sadness might be sourced in a feeling of isolation.  Being alone is not always a bad thing, and I do need to remember that I can turn lemons into lemonade.

My Thoth cards are the Knight/King of Disks and the Three of Cups.  Bookends! The Knight/King of Disks (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical world manifestation of all kinds.  He is good at managing physical world resources, he focuses a lot on the business end of things, and moves slowly but surely toward his goal.  Having him paired with the Three of Cups tells me that I may have a choice today between dealing with responsibilities and enjoying my connections with others.  The Thoth Three of Cups tells of dreams coming true, and of emotions manifesting into the physical world.  What emotions?  The ones I focus on bringing to my day!!  Can I have my cake, and eat it too?

My Legacy card is the Six of Swords reversed, flavored by the Ace of Cups. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective). This card is about healing by achieving a better understanding of a situation, so that we can better cope with problems or challenges.  My card is reversed today, and things may not go the way I planned, or events could delay a transition I am working towards.   The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  Perhaps the pause offered by my reversed Six of Swords is to allow me to be prepared emotionally for what is coming.

More about my Bookends card, the Three of Cups!  The suit of Cups is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the Inner Voice, and the number 3 is about creating something new out of the potential of the Ace and the balance and polarity of the number Two.  This means the Three of Cups is not about romance, but rather about the group and the connections we have with others.  In fact, the connections represented by the Three of Cups can often enable a group to work as one.  This card in an upright position is about happy times spent with friends, and it is about people from all walks of life coming together and creating harmony.  The Three of Cups can also represent the actual manifestation that comes from the union of opposites that is the Two of Cups.  This could be a celebration connected to love, such as an engagement or wedding, or even a baby; or it could be the manifestation in the real world of dreams or visualizations.  Reversed, the Three of Cups can tell of isolation and solitude, either chosen or forced on us, or it could be saying that too much partying could be a distraction.  A reversed Three of Cups could be telling of a need to be wary, to not trust too much in others, or it could be telling of sadness, loneliness or anguish. 

My 6-digit date number is 10, which tells of the end of a cycle; this number reduces further to 1, the number of potential and position.

My horoscopes: “Today close friends, a love partner, or children may appear to be in a quiet, melancholy mood. You might wonder if you've done something to cause it, but it probably has very little to do with you, if anything. Responsibilities could be weighing on everyone, including you. The only answer is to pitch in and take care of business. Then treat yourselves afterward!

And: “All dissatisfactions will be abolished today, as you systematically confront and resolve all the little problems that have been bothering you lately. Your tolerance threshold is low, or non-existent. Give a wide berth to friends or family members who have been irritating you lately. Your wardrobe improves dramatically as once and for all you discard all those clothes that don't fit, or no longer suit you.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment