Monday, November 18, 2013

11/18/13

The Hermit reversed/The Hireophant reversed. The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and in an upright position is about searching within for a deeper meaning, often through solitude bordering on discomfort.  My Hermit is reversed, and the message here might be that the discomforts of solitude just aren’t offering any insights; they are just plain discomforts.  The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony.  Marchetti renamed this card “Faith” so that it would expand beyond its traditional meanings (in some decks, this card is called “Pope”).  Today, tradition, ritual and ceremony will hold me back rather than inspire me.  These two cards are telling me that I need the inner focus of The Empress or The High Priestess, rather than these masculine versions. 

My Thoth cards are The Moon and the Ace of Cups.  Ooooh! The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  These feelings are not clear at all, and perhaps I need to decide whether having them foggy is to my benefit or my detriment.  I also need to remember that the way I perceive things may not be accurate, but that also means this might be a good time for meditation and magick. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  Perhaps these two cards are bringing some awesome Watery potential!

My Legacy card is the King of Cups, flavored by the Two of Coins.  I like this pair. The Knight/King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  He is the diplomat and the philosopher, able to hold himself a bit above the churning emotions so he can offer counsel. The Two of Coins (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) in an upright position reminds us that everything always ebbs and flows, and we need to do the same in order to remain dynamically balanced. My Two of Coins is flavoring my King of Cups, and that adds even more effectiveness to his efforts.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance. 

My horoscopes: “Today you won't be indifferent to anything. Good news could elevate you to near ecstasy. Bad news could send you to the depths of despair. Visitors provide a welcome distraction, while spiritual pursuits may be your favorite topic of conversation. This isn't going to be a predictable day, but it will be wonderful.”

And: “Someone may give you a psychic reading today, possibly blowing you away with their accuracy and insights. Don't be surprised if this person zeros in on your own psychic abilities, for they're operating at a high level right now. If you've been in doubt as to what spiritual path is best for you, this is the day to make a decision. Hint: no need to narrow it down to one. Some people find enlightenment by pursuing two or three.”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment