Monday, November 11, 2013

11/11/13

Knight of Pentacles reversed/Nine of Cups reversed. The Knight of Pentacles (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring. Upright, he is not good at dealing with emotions, and indeed prefers more predictable focuses, but he is reversed, so methodical approaches might be boring to me today. The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day.  My card is reversed, and I just might find that the day is not filled with little pleasures.  Hmmm . . . these two cards offer the same message from a different vantage point.  In a way it makes sense, as I am coming off of a weekend filled with lots of eating and drinking.  Today is “back to reality day” and while I might wish that I could stretch the weekend a bit longer, I need to turn my focus away from the food and fun, and look toward the tasks of the day, no matter how boring they may seem.

My Thoth cards are the Prince/Knight of Cups reversed and the Two of Wands reversed. The Prince/Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  He may appear calm, cool and collected to others, but in an upright position my Prince of Cups responds deeply to life, and dreams big dreams.  Since my Knight of Cups is reversed, things could feel turned inside out to me.  Outwardly, I may appear out of control but I will connect to that still center. “Dominion” is the keyword for the upright Two of Wands. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority.  This card tells of the purest of Will, in the “now” and undiluted by past or possible future events.  My focus will be way off from these things; instead I need to regroup after a fun weekend.  No need to impose my Will in an outward fashion.

My Legacy card is The World, flavored by the Knight of Cups.  Bookends! The World/Universe, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  This is the second time this month that The World has appeared, and upright both times.  This cycle has been completed, but the cycle is not linear in nature, it is circular.  Time to be a beginner again. The Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  This Knight is flavoring my World card, and I am being told to immerse myself in my emotions and feelings today, experience it all (the good and the bad), and look for deep or hidden messages.  They are there.

More about my Bookends card, the Knight of Cups.  The Knights take the focus of the Nine card of his suit, and turn it into a crusade; the Nine of Cups is in my throw today as well, but reversed.  Since the Knights are mercenaries, they are pretty intense, and the Knight of Cups often represents a dreamer, a romantic, or a person prone to flights of fancy.  The main problem with this Knight (besides the fact that he can be too intensely emotional, or when reversed, lack the ability to connect properly to emotions at all) is that he is not very good with people that disagree with him.  You don’t believe in auras or the Inner Voice?  This Knight will sit down and try to change your mind at length, or he will walk away and refuse to connect with you at all.  You don’t believe dreams and intentions and visions of the future can have an effect on the outcome?   Prepare yourself for a put-down.  This Knight can also be secretive, and maybe a bit paranoid about things.  In many ways, he is a manifestation of The Moon.  No matter what, the presence of this card in a spread tells of the approach of some powerful emotions, dreams or visions!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate response to the pause and approach of degeneration of the 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance of the number 6. 

My horoscopes: “Today you might enlist the aid of friends to increase your computer skills. You may be interested in the artistic side of computers and want to experiment with computer graphics or animation. Video journalism could also be of interest. You might receive some unexpected good news about a possible increase in income, though it might be delayed.

And: “A brother, sister, or neighbor is keeping a secret from you, and if confronted about it, probably won't tell the truth. There may be gossip circulating that wouldn't exactly please you if you heard it. Your phone line could be jumping today, and you'll probably hear a lot of interesting news - but nothing about what's being kept from you. Let it go. It's probably trivial, and not worthy of effort or consideration.

Today I honor all the veterans who served and fought to enable me to publicly speak my words, and to live my life as I choose.  Thank you!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment