Friday, November 1, 2013

11/1/13

Queen of Pentacles/The Chariot. The Queen of Pentacles (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  She has a “greatness of soul” and can easily manifest this greatness around her.  My Queen is reminding me that even if a storm is roaring outside, I have the skills and grounding necessary to create a quiet and safe place, a place for myself and for others. The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions.  There is motion here, and if I can guide both my conscious self and my shadow, I will continue to move forward.

My Thoth cards are the Princess of Cups and The Universe. The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) and is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys.  Crowley sees this card as representing a more immature version of the Queen of Cups, and perhaps that innocence is a positive thing today. The World/Universe, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  I am being told that time has passed and efforts have been made, and thus a cycle has been completed.  When taken as representing an ending that brings a beginning, The Universe is a nice pairing with my innocent and youthful Princess.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords, flavored by The Emperor reversed.  Oh boy, this might be a bit difficult. The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.   The Legacy of the Divine Knight of Swords is said to be similar to a tornado: lots of focused effects, yet the path of a tornado is erratic and not easy to predict. The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father. Order and structure and a willing acceptance of responsibility can certainly coexist with enthusiasm and excitement, and rules (which are there to support and enable) can still be put into place without putting out the Fire.  I kind of wish my Emperor was upright, for he would be able to control the Knight.  Knights are often seen as representing a mercenary, but in most cases a mercenary needs guidance.  I had better keep aware of what I’m saying and thinking today.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of a pause as growth slows and degeneration approaches, usually involving some kind of choice.

My horoscopes: “The solar system is liable to trigger a transformation that will last several months. The change will center on the means you use to fulfill yourself in terms of your career and love life. If you feel hemmed in by your training or upbringing, you can expect to seek liberation from these inhibitions in the months to come.

And: “Matters concerning partnerships may require much of your attention. You may be asked to take care of some paperwork, but your concentration may be scattered. Ask if it's OK if you leave the documents until another day. Trying to do it today could result in errors, and could force you to spend far more time on it than you'd prefer. Sometimes it's appropriate to procrastinate! Set a deadline, then promise to finish it by then.

Fall is at its peak, and the colors I saw along the Parkway as I drove down were soothing to my heart and mind.  I’ve been experiencing a mini-Dark Night of the Soul since Wednesday.  All my energies seem to be moving in different directions, and I am reminded again and again of the Wild Unknown Five of Wands card.  Heck, I even briefly considered abandoning this blog this morning.  I need to keep remembering that these uncomfortable times serve a purpose.

I am sitting in Cape May, looking at the back yard.  There is still a lot of green here, and chrysanthemums are in bloom, along with a few other flowers.  The green of the grass is covered with leaves that have already fallen from the maples, and my crepe myrtles are starting to change from green to yellow and orange.  It is misty but warm, and I can hear the ocean.  What a lovely, healing sound!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment