Monday, August 26, 2013

8/26/13


Page of Pentacles/Strength reversed. The Page of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner. The Page of Pentacles loves to learn new things and have new experiences, but he also loves to also be a catalyst for change in the physical world, change for everyone.  Today, I am being told that physical world opportunities, including my own health, are the places with potential today.  I need to appreciate even predictable tasks, and add a bit of fun to everything. The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus.  My card is reversed so I may have a bit of trouble today finding the excitement and anticipation that encourage endurance and focus.  I may not get pleasure from today’s tasks, at least not immediately, but I need to do my best to get them done anyway.

My Thoth card is the Ace of Swords reversed. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) in an upright position tells of the birth of ideas and concepts.  If this card was upright, it would be telling me that I am ready to make use of logic and analysis in order to assert my Will.  My card is reversed, and with that point jammed downward, I wonder if I am being warned to not become a slave to my ideas.  Flexibility might be hard to encourage, but worth the effort.

My Legacy card is the Six of Swords reversed, flavored by the Five of Swords reversed.   Wow, look at all those reversed cards, and mostly Swords! The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) in an upright position is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective). My card is reversed, and I am being warned that if I cling to outdated ideas, I may suffer.  Hmmm . . . there is that concept again.  The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) in an upright position shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation.  My Five of Swords is reversed, and it is flavoring my reversed Six of Swords.  Thankfully.  There is hope that I will identify the blockages that are being told of in this spread.  Looks like in the end I will be able to resist the temptation of insisting on jamming that square peg into that round hole.

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “Today the walls may seem to be closing in around you, and you're anxious to get out for a while, Sagittarius. Your significant other could want nothing more than to stay in. Don't let this turn into a major issue. Find a compromise. Go out to dinner and then come home and watch TV. Enjoy your time together! If single, get out and mingle.

And: “You and a close friend or love partner might have a lot of errands to run today, and therefore you might decide to get out and do it together. Bookstores and libraries might be on the list of stops you want to make. Some interesting conversations could take place while you're out, and a stop at your favorite restaurant for a meal will probably take place. This promises to be a busy and interesting day. Enjoy it!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Pentacles.  Looks like this one is important today!  The most productive focus will be in the physical word, concerning finances, career or health.  I need to be practical and down to earth, and still encourage new ideas.  This is a delicate balance, but I should be able to achieve it.  I am not afraid of studying and honing my skills even more, and that is a good thing.

Well, today my Yoga teacher encouraged me to teach my first class at the studio.  **gulp**  Now, the stage fright begins to set in. 

She is right, though; I am ready for this.  I’ve taught several classes outside of the studio already, and I’ve co-taught three Chair Yoga classes with another YTT trainee, with the fourth this Wednesday.  This will be a Yoga Essentials class, though.  Not Gentle Yoga.  LOL, I can do this.  Why am I nervous? 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment