Thursday, August 15, 2013

8/15/13


Ace of Swords reversed/Justice reversed.  Hmmm . . . two cards with Swords on them, and both Swords are point-down. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) in an upright position tells of the birth of ideas and concepts.  This card tells me that I am ready to make use of logic and analysis in order to assert my Will.  Clarity is not necessarily mine today, and I need to guard against misinterpreting the events around me! Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed).  Upright, it tells of balance and harmony, and reversed, it can tell of bigotry or misinterpretation.  I am sensing a pattern here.

My Thoth card is the Five of Swords.  Oy.  “Defeat” is the keyword for this one. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation.  Insisting on everyone playing by my rules will not end well today.  Yes, my thoughts and beliefs are valid, but so are the thoughts and beliefs of others.  I will blind myself to learning opportunities if I insist on jamming that round peg into a square hole.

My Legacy card is the Five of Cups reversed, flavored by The Magician reversed. The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) in an upright position tells of an emotional setback or disappointment, or perhaps the belief that a wrong choice has been made.  The good thing is that my card is reversed, so any emotional setbacks will not be debilitating, but I should have a care that I don’t just bail on the whole situation.  My reversed Five of Cups is being flavored by the reversed Magician. The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician is a personally significant card to me.  The reversed Magician seems to be validating the negative aspects of the reversed Five of Cups.  I might have trouble completing tasks today; distraction anyone?

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number of completeness of manifestation or effect.

My horoscopes: “Your mastery of your mind and ability to stay disciplined about your goals is impressive, Sagittarius. Others recognize and appreciate your efforts much more than usual. You may be called upon to assist in some other project or someone else's emotional drama because you have the stability required to remedy the situation. Don't downplay your talent in this area.

And: “Feel free to be outlandish and bizarre today. Let loose from reality and enjoy a much freer headspace. Rent a couple movies, or better yet, make your own. Buy a new outfit for your wardrobe and give your imagination a touching up by breaking out the finger paints and decorating your bathroom walls. Let your free-spirited nature come out and play. Share your greatest fantasies with others and let your daydreams dictate your actions of the day.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Hermit.  Well this would be a natural tendency for me today, given my other cards.  Climbing up a difficult cliff in order to sit alone, above the noise of the city below, is sometimes the best way to gain clarity.  The Hermit is telling me that this kind of solitude might be beneficial for me today.

I am in the midst of family vacation, with lots of sunny days and cool, clear nights.  Awesome times!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment