Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8/21/13


Temperance reversed/Knight of Wands reversed.  Temperance corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and this card presents one version of the concept of balance: balance achieved through knowledge and experience of extremes.  My card is reversed, and this means that this version of balance may not be available to me today.  Disagreement may be more likely. The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  My Knight of Wands is reversed, so buyer’s remorse may be alongside that disagreement foretold by the reversed Temperance card.  Sheesh! 

My Thoth card is the Seven of Cups reversed.  “Debauch” is the keyword; another reversed card.  The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) in an upright position represents the distraction, sensory overload and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with too many enticing choices. The card is reversed, so while I may be dealing with inappropriate desires today, I just might also have the will to pull myself out of the mire they could create.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords reversed, flavored by The World reversed.  Um . . . all reversed cards today.  The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) in an upright position tells of the perception of the complete manifestation of interference, powerlessness and restriction.  The reversed card tells of power and confidence, but after looking at the rest of my cards today, I’m kind of wondering if that is a good thing. The World, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  My World card is reversed, and it is flavoring my reversed Ten of Swords, telling of a lack of integration and maybe even a kind of Five of Wands minor conflict.  **sigh**  Should be an interesting day, but forewarned is forearmed. 

I decided to throw my clarification card from my Thoth Tarot, and got The World, this time upright.  Perhaps I am being told that the potential for a “turnsta” day is actually an opportunity for me to rise above the discomfort and smile anyway.  That would bring a nice sense of accomplishment!

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number that applies motion to the depth and stability of the number 4 in order to prevent stagnation. 

My horoscopes:  “Sagittarius, today you may have to make some important decisions. You're demanding of your friends and loved ones. Have you ever thought about why? It's possible that you demand more of them than you do of yourself, and that doesn't seem fair, does it? Today insight and inspiration will show you how you can rectify this. Lower your standards for others or raise your standards for yourself. Level the playing field.

And: “Add a bit of emotion into your intellectual thoughts today. Make sure you consider the feelings of others as you make your plans for the day. Be sensitive toward the one you care about most, for you will find that feelings are easily hurt. It is easy to overlook the disturbance you may be causing in a relationship when you are the one situated right in the middle of it. Stop and take a good look around.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Three of Swords.  Ouch!  Isolation and sacrifice, perhaps in the end unnecessary, are the messages of this card.  Perhaps things aren’t as bad as they seem, but even if they are that bad, it’s best to grit our teeth and deal with the issue.  At least we know about it, so we can maybe mitigate damages. 

Another Wild Unknown Tarot card: The Son of Cups.  This card has a feeling of stillness about it.  The swan is seated, feathers covering feet and legs.  The rays emanating from the Cup before the swan are dark, except for their tips.  And the background lines are aimed inward and upward.  All in all, a still and inner focus seem to be presented by this card, and this makes sense.  After all, when Water comes to stillness, there are depths and quiet darkness that present the opportunity to explore a new and less easily entered world.  Getting there and receiving these hidden messages takes the focused efforts of the Sons/Knights of the Tarot; here is an opportunity to give it a try!

I had a great night last night, with my beloved Pagan Brain Trust, and a visit from Jason!  We were five last night, and it was good.  This morning, I gave Thai Massage to my regular client, then student taught a Chair Yoga Class with another YTT student, and tonight I went to a power flow Yoga Class.  Back to reality!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment