Wednesday, August 7, 2013

8/7/13


King of Wands/Eight of Wands.  Wheeee!  A bit of Fire today? The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is a natural leader with infectious enthusiasm who is able to motivate others through his enthusiasm for new experiences. I will be a good leader today, and will be able to inspire others to be their best, too. The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The energies of this card are fast and strong, but they do tend to attempt to bring some stability, albeit in a roundabout and sudden way.  The end result will be balance . . . once the dust settles.

My Thoth card is the Eight of Swords reversed.  “Interference” is Crowley’s keyword for the upright Eight of Swords. The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) in an upright position tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or maybe perceived obstacles.  My Eight of Swords is reversed, so perhaps things will fall into place in the end, even if they appear on the surface to be blocking my goals. 

My Legacy card is the Four of Coins reversed, flavored by The Wheel of Fortune.  Wow, more powerfully active cards! The Four of Coins (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation or the deepest self, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, caution cunning) in an upright position tells of very solid foundations and an awareness of the value of our possessions.  The energies of this card are resistant to change, and they need predictability, however because my Four of Coins is reversed, ownership of the timeline of the day won’t be an issue for me.  This is validated by The Wheel. The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)) tells of sudden movement, but not movement caused by us or controlled by us.  I like these two cards together; they tell me that I will be aware of cycles and their effects, but I won’t feel the need to control them.  That, after all, is the best way to get the message!

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the end or completion of a cycle, which reduces further to the number 1, which represents position and possibility.

My horoscopes: “Your normal steady pace usually wins the race, Sagittarius, but today you might need to take some shortcuts. Jump on opportunities that seem to come out of nowhere, but don't feel like you need to commit to anything now. Take your chances and see where luck takes you. There's an adventurous spirit in the air urging you to take an unexpected gamble.

And: “The desire to raise your income a little might result in your giving work and career matters some extra effort today. This is good, because this is just the time when you'll probably accomplish exactly what you want, and probably more. Your efforts won't go unnoticed by those who matter, either, and you'll know it. Don't be surprised if you end the day feeling more motivated than ever. Keep that energy going!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Cups.  Such a pretty card!  This Page loves to find some quiet alone time so she can just enjoy her senses and her dreams.  She finds it much easier to breathe deeply and with more fulfillment when she has found that quiet place.  And dreams?  Her dreams are visions of the future, because she BELIEVES they are!

Today has been a huge day for me.  I submitted Lesson 12 of my Third Degree training late last night, the final Lesson!  I hope to hear soon whether any additional information will be needed for me to finalize my Third Degree training.  Just pressing “send” was a hugely emotional thing for me.  I’ve been training since the end of May, 2003, that is a little over ten years.  While spiritual training never really ends, it will be strange to know that formal Degree Lessons are over.  I do have the option to continue with Eldership Training, and I may do at least part of that.  But I am assuming that kind of training is going to be more on-the-job than reading and researching. 

This morning, I co-taught my first formal Yoga class, with Ann, another of the Teacher Trainees.  We taught a Chair Yoga class, one of four that we will be teaching this month. 

That’s a lot, and the day is not over yet!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment