Monday, August 19, 2013

8/19/13


The Devil reversed/Temperance.  Well now, THERE’S a clear message! The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses, to the point of being bound or addicted to those things. The Llewellyn Welsh Tarot does not see the Devil as a more negative card, rather just indicating that the call of the wild and primal world of Nature may be a distraction.  Since my Devil is reversed, that distraction may be just what I need in order to level out after my family vacation. Temperance corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and this card presents one version of the concept of balance: balance achieved through knowledge and experience of extremes. The message of this card is clear, and supports the reversed Devil: take the extreme sensations and use them to become balanced.

My Thoth card is the Six of Disks.  “Success” is the keyword for this one, success in the physical world. The Six of Disks (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have, in both the upright and reversed position. The Six of Disks tells of generosity, blessings, and joyous deliverance, and all other good things in the physical world, however they are temporary.  Best to grab them while I can, and not worry if I miss out.

My Legacy card is the Six of Cups reversed, flavored by the Three of Coins reversed.  Okay, this actually makes sense to me because my family vacation, a time of nostalgia and simple joys and doing things together out in Nature is over. The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) in an upright position is a card of innocence, emotional balance and harmony, of simple joy that begets even more simple joy by infecting all that is around us now, and all that brought us to this “now.”  My card is reversed, and thus this time of soothing emotions is coming to an end. The Three of Coins (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) in an upright position tells of competence, planning and teamwork.  The card is reversed, and it is flavoring the reversed Six of Cups, and it looks like teamwork will also not be a focus today.  Looks like I need to get back to my normal routine, and I can do that best if I focus on the “now” and going forward, rather than the joys of the past week, and if I get to work without the help of others.  LOL, maybe I need to stay off of FaceBook for a day, so I can get things accomplished.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of stability and depth. 

My horoscopes: “Don't be surprised if emotions flare up between you and someone close on a professional or social level, Sagittarius. The issue may be difficult to resolve now. People feel rather sensitive. If they hear something they don't like, especially an opinion that may seem too critical, they're likely to shut down. You might want to consider saving anything of a sensitive nature for tomorrow.

And: “You are a very knowledgeable person. In general, women born under Sagittarius are staunch ideologists, and when this tendency is mixed with their more masculine side, it gives them a very black and white way of expressing their opinions. It's often as if what they are saying is the only truth. Today's planetary aspects could help you to be more flexible and tolerant in your relations with other people.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Fool.  Now, there is a new beginning for ya!  Possibilities are without limit today, and I have a feeling that my attitude will be key.  If I see everything as an exciting adventure (even the task of making the beds), all will end well.  If I see the cloud rather than the silver lining, it will be a day of plunging emotions.

Dinner with Pagan Brain Trust plus Jason tonight!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment