Monday, August 5, 2013

8/5/13


Two of Swords/Ten of Wands reversed. The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  The serenity of this card happens because we are vigilant and on guard, and because we choose to not receive or acknowledge as valid the information that comes to us from the outside.  While the effects of this card are not good over the long term, shutting out the world for just a bit of time can be beneficial.  After all, this is how we meditate! The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill.  My card is reversed, and perhaps I am being told that my perception of being overburdened is fading.  A good night’s sleep could be a factor here, and I had one last night.

My Thoth card is the Ace of Disks. Aces present potential only, and the Ace of Disks (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world, and perhaps the physical world is where I can have the most impact today.  Crowley calls this card the root of the element of Earth, and thus it tells of all possibilities within that element, from the very best to the very worst.  I need to be aware of that potential in order to infuse it with good intentions!

My Legacy card is The Hanging Man, flavored by The World reversed.  The interesting thing about these two cards is that they both have the red-clothed jester on them; on The Hanging Man, the jester is upside down, and on The World in an upright position, he is standing upright, his arms out by his sides, perfectly balanced.  However, my World is reversed, so the jester is upside down in this card, too. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought), and presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through seeing things in a different way.  This is a similar message to my Two of Swords up there, but more sweeping and far-reaching in nature.  I am being told that there is a benefit to be had today in pausing quietly, and in focusing inward.  The World, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  My World card is reversed, and it is flavoring my Hanging Man.  Perhaps this card is reversed because today the end result is not important.  Today is about just perceiving what “is” rather than what “will be.” 

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious response to the beginning of degeneration that is the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the harmony of the number 6s

My horoscopes: “An invitation to an important social event could come today, Sagittarius. This may be a chance to meet important people who could advance your career in some way or who might be involved in a field that interests you. Your own energy and enthusiasm won't be lost on them. You will obviously be speaking from the heart when you discuss what's on your mind.

And: “You are like the snake rising out of the basket today. You have the ability to be quite sneaky, and also quite entertaining. The jokes will be non-stop, and other people will be tremendously amused by your sense of humor. Let yourself shine. You may find that a bit of conflict crops up at certain times during the day. Try to shake it off and not make such a big deal out of small issues.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Wands.  This Page is the fiery spark that initiates action, maybe even action that pushes us outside of our comfort zone.  The end result may be unknown, but the rush is there to enjoy! 

I literally spent the entire day yesterday in my beloved garden, preparing for family vacation, which is next week.  My lower back is a bit cranky today, but I got quite a bit done.  My garden is beautiful!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment