Friday, August 23, 2013

8/23/13


Nine of Swords/Six of Pentacles reversed.  The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  My buddy Crowley calls this worrying “cruelty of the mind,” and it is always important to remember that this kind of worry is a total waste of time and energy.  It may be far too easy today to become a slave to anxiety; I need to remember to keep my sense of humor.  The Six of Pentacles (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have, in both the upright and reversed position.  Perhaps my worrying is distracting me from the blessings in my life.  I am already sensing the approach of some kind of Aha! Moment, and I need to keep in mind that I have the resources I need to encourage the breakthrough. 

My Thoth card is the Two of Disks.  “Change” is Uncle Al’s keyword for this one.  The Two of Disks (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) reminds us that everything always ebbs and flows, and we need to do the same in order to remain dynamically balanced.  Sometimes things move slowly when we want them to speed up, and sometimes things move too darned fast; if we go with the flow and make micro-adjustments, we can still benefit from any situation. 

My Legacy card is The Lovers, flavored by the Six of Wands reversed.  The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, problems or challenges; Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual; Zayin, double-edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) tells of duality, union, and personal choices.  This card is about love, but it is also about our values and how they affect our choices, and the promises we make to others.  My own choices and promises are important today, and they will most likely have long-term consequences.  My Lovers card is being flavored by the reversed Six of Wands.  The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) in an upright position expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge. The upright Six of Wands celebrates personal victory, and because it is not only reversed, but also flavoring my Lovers card, I am being reminded that sometimes my choices and promises are not about me, they are instead about those I love and care for.  Important!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate attempt to slow the degeneration of the number 7 in order to maintain for a bit longer the harmony of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Mercury enters incredibly efficient Virgo, and you get it right on the first try with straightforward, sharp-focused style. You can say, ‘We will find a way’ as you troubleshoot with confidence. Friendships blossom under the stars. Couples give inhibitions the evening off.

And: “You may have to put a bit of restraint on your fun loving, adventurous attitude today. Regardless of how much you'd like to kick back your heels and say that it just doesn't matter, the truth is that it does. Everything matters. You may find it difficult to connect with people today, so realize that you may need to adopt your approach a bit in order to connect with others on the same wavelength.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Six of Wands.  I am being told that standing up and roaring while being filled with pride and arrogance is okay, as long as I’ve done the hard work to get to where I can stand up and roar, and as long as I don’t turn this into a perpetual rulership.  So, I will celebrate for a bit (because I **have** accomplished a lot!), and then get right back to work. 

Again I woke up this beautiful, breezy and sunny Friday morning with a sense of both a lovely grounding, and a combination of gratitude and expectancy.  This is my Second Saturn Return year, and yes, things they are a-changing, but thanks to the hard work I have done over the past decade, so far **knocks frantically on wood** I’ve been able to not only handle the challenges and restrictions, but also benefit from them. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment