Friday, June 7, 2013


Ten of Swords reversed/Eight of Cups. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the perception of the complete manifestation of interference, powerlessness and restriction.  The key word here is “perception”; since my card is reversed, there is authority and effectiveness to be had today.  Granted, confidence will eventually crumble if it is smacked down enough, but because my card is reversed, that moment has not yet arrived. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on. Sometimes things are so broken that we are better off just turning our backs and walking away.  These two cards together are telling me not to waste energy or thinking power on things that appear hopeless.

My Thoth card is the Four of Cups.  “Luxury” is the keyword for this one, and that is not necessarily a good thing. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) tells us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses.  I need to be very aware on this very busy day that my tendency will be to stare out the window and allow my mind to shut down.  Mini-mental vacations are good, but not when there are things to be done.

My Legacy card is The Hanging Man reversed, flavored by the Three of Wands reversed. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought) presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through seeing things in a different way.  But since he is reversed, I need to avoid indecision and do things pretty much by-the-book, and I need to think about my own needs.  The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) is a card of planning for action that tells of the excitement of seeking out uncharted areas with an optimism that says that no matter what happens, it will be good. My Three is reversed, and it is flavoring my reversed Hanging Man with a bit of a warning.  My efforts may not produce satisfaction or enthusiasm, but that does not mean those efforts are not important.  Sometimes doing things according to a regular plan may be boring, but the end result is more effective because the plan being used is one that has been previously tested and proved to be effective.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate response to the pause and approach of degeneration of the number 7 in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance and harmony of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Some good but surprising news could come your way today, Sagittarius. Perhaps a family member or friend will call or drop by with a surprising development that directly affects you. In the evening, go out together and celebrate. Don't forget to include your special someone in your celebration plans.

And: “Reach higher today and challenge yourself to go the extra mile. Take on this attitude in all your actions. Your lucky nature will pull you through any rough spots that you may encounter. Something may be trying to do battle with you, but you have the ability to duck away just before any major confrontation takes place. You are better off leaning toward the bizarre and outlandish as opposed to the old and stale.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding Strength.  I am being reminded today that inner fortitude is key.  No matter how churning my surroundings may appear, I can create a calm amidst the storm using my Will and my belief that my Will can be this effective.  I must manage impulses so I can redirect the energies fueling them to better recipients. 

Pretty clear message today in all of my cards: nose to the grindstone!  Again.  Yep, another busy day. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment