Thursday, June 6, 2013


Death/King of Swords. Death corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and tells of natural change that cannot be stopped.  This change usually involves the potential to step upward on the evolutionary ladder, but we never know for sure, and it is that very aspect of not being able to know what is coming that can be unsettling.  Perhaps I will be dealing with the unknown today, or with secrets.  The King of Swords (cusp of Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, cautious, cunning, authoritative, and Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, aloof) is a good judge of people and situations.  He uses his intellect to analyze, so he may not be compassionate but he is trustworthy, and he might be able to keep me grounded and ready to deal with whatever my Death card brings.  After all, the King of Swords is good at judging others, and he is good at articulating his findings.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups. The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering); is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys.  The Princess of Cups is imaginative and playful, and eager to serve, and her energies are a soothing antidote to my first two cards today.  She is reminding me that perhaps things are not as complicated as they seem upon initial examination.

My Legacy card is Judgement, flavored by the Two of Coins reversed. Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) and represents an opportunity to tally up and pay the bill so we can have a fresh start.  This card makes perfect sense here, because of the presence of Death above.  After all, before I can effectively move into the transformation of Death, I will need to finish up what is still undone in this moment.  A good way to do this is to ponder about who I am and what I have accomplished.  The Two of Coins (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) in an upright position reminds me that everything always ebbs and flows, and I need to do the same.  My card, which is flavoring Judgement, is reversed, and this, too, makes sense.  There cannot be a natural ebbing and flowing if loose ends are holding me back.  Sounds like a “catch up” day is in order here, to clear some blockages.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that comes as growth slows and degeneration approaches, usually involving a choice or a crossroad.

My horoscopes: “Are you ready, Sagittarius? Are you in shape for what's going to happen? The celestial aspects are heralding a new cycle that will be filled to the brim with activities, new people, and new professional perspectives. Let's hope that you've been able to rest up lately. If you haven't, try to schedule in some afternoon naps!”

And: “You could content yourself with saying that it isn't the moment yet. You will know what we are talking about. You are in the situation of a woman who has just ordered a new car, a rare, imported model that won't be ready for four months. While you are waiting you are going to have to keep busy. Why not brush up on your driving skills? Or better yet, take a "crash" course on car racing.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the King of Pentacles.  LOL, between the Ten of Pentacles and the King of Pentacles, I’ve got a lot of repeat cards lately with this deck.  While the King of Pentacles tells of skills and abilities already achieved and accomplished in the physical world, he also brings a message that focuses on the future rather than on the “now”: plant the seeds that are a part of the blessings you have in your possession, so you can make something new from what you have gained.

Okay then.  Yoga practice.  Yoga class.  Then Yoga practice.  And I still need some practice!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment