Monday, June 24, 2013


The Tower reversed/The Star reversed.  Well, looks like I have a choice today. The Tower (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Mars (action, spontaneity, aggression, drive), Phe (mouth or speech), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Netzach (which offers the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration)) in an upright position tells of a violent or explosive correction in the way things are going.   Thankfully my Tower is reversed, but I still need to keep in mind that even the most secure setup can be toppled.  Today, I might be able to keep that toppling at bay, but I must never forget this possibility is hovering in the background. The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card, and while it can hint at some unexpected darkness, it also tells me to be of strong heart, for things will turn out okay in the end.  My Star is reversed, and there may be a danger of focusing on that unexpected darkness, and being dragged down by it.  Even though these cards are opposing, whether upright or reversed, they still both offer a possible response to darkness.

My Thoth card is the Four of Cups.  “Luxury” is the keyword for this one, and that is not necessarily a good thing. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) tells us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses.  I need to be sure that I don’t focus on what I don’t have, and be sure that I am not getting lost in second-guessing.

My Legacy card is the Seven of Coins, flavored by the Eight of Swords. The Seven of Coins (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments within the physical world.  The pause and assessment of this card reminds us that blossoms need to fade in order for seeds to appear.  Timing is important to the energies of this card as well; do I accept what I have?  Or do I continue to try for more?  My Seven of Coins is being flavored by the Eight of Swords. The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles.  The interesting thing about Swords cards is that they present my perception of truth.  The message is clear: don’t allow this time of assessment to bind me or tie me up in knots. 

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that happens when growth slows and degeneration approaches, often involving a choice or crossroad. 

My horoscopes: “Today can be an extremely productive day, Sagittarius. You're in a good space from which to work and this will aid you in all your endeavors. Today is also excellent for looking at some of the long-term trends moving through your life now. Consider the next five or ten years and think about how your actions will affect your future. Plan ahead to get ahead.

And: “Your easygoing nature may be challenged today by stubborn forces that are working to solidify their position. You would do well to tap into this aggressive energy, and use it to follow through on some projects that you have left hanging. Other people may be quite unyielding in their position, but you can easily overcome this by tapping into your flexible, adaptable nature. Don't get upset and restless. Go with the flow.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Two of Pentacles.  Nice!  I love the description of the Shadowscapes Two of Pentacles: performing a dance of creation and destruction, of opposing forces.  This is the true “dynamic balance” card and I might need the skills of the Two of Pentacles today!

Yoga Teacher Training Intensive 5 was yesterday.  We had a hugely filled day, worked on chakras and the energy body.  We experienced a chakra Yoga class, and it was hugely powerful, and in the end the class acted as a nice completion of the work I did with my sister-in-law earlier in the week.  My next intensive is not until July, so I’ve got a bit of time to catch up on the reading materials.

My column, Tarot Talk, has been submitted to PaganPages.org; that will be coming out on July 1.

Now, let’s see if I can do some catch-up today!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment