Sunday, June 2, 2013


Transparent Oracle Sunday!

15, Landscape: Desert (South). South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.  Desert represents an extreme environment that upon initial examination seems to preclude life; actually this Landscape just challenges life, severely, but if we see that challenge as a chance to test our endurance and our ability to adapt to difficult situations, we will prosper.

13, Element: Fire (South). The element of Fire manifests as spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change; its dignities are hot/separates and dry/shapes. Fire has often been used as a representation of Spirit or the Divine, and this makes sense.  Fire brings transformation, animation or life, courage, and intent.  Fire has its dangers, though; it brings transformation through destruction that brings new birth.

36, Guide: Bear (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body. Bear is about protection and hibernation, power, shelter and instincts.  Mother bears are fierce, yet gentle, and that is the message of this card.  I am being told by Bear that I should protect and nurture myself, but I should also make use of what I’ve learned to not only connect with my own instincts, but also to nurture and guide others.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  Interesting that I threw this spread in the middle of a heat wave, eh?  The simple interpretation is that today is going to be hot and extreme, and maybe the best thing I can do is take shelter and rest.  LOL!  Okay, seriously, let’s take this a bit deeper, just in case.  It is interesting to me that the three flames coming from the three corners of the triangle representing Fire seem to be separating or isolating the three Bears.  Everything is surrounded by Desert, as if that Desert was the den that the Bears were resting in.  It certainly looks as if I am being asked to take an active part in my spiritual growth by using intense experiences to bring transformation.  I am also being reminded that sometimes the safest way to bring on an intense experience is to temporarily focus inward and shut out as many outside influences and sensations as possible.  Might give this a try!

So, I swear I saw an armadillo by the side of the road yesterday, when driving home from Cape May.  An armadillo?  Could I be seeing things?

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment