Friday, June 28, 2013


Seven of Wands reversed/The Star reversed.  I had this Seven upright yesterday, and The reversed Star earlier this week.  The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, so I should have confidence in that judgment.  A bit of a conflict, eh?  I think the important message of these two cards is that while it is okay to stick to my guns, I should not do this if the overall level of harm is not acceptable.  The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card, and while it can hint at some unexpected darkness, it also tells me to be of strong heart, for things will turn out okay in the end.  My Star is reversed, and there may be a danger of focusing on that unexpected darkness, and being dragged down by it.

My Thoth card is the Eight of Cups.  “Indolence” is the keyword for this one.  The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on. Crowley sees this one as the hangover card!  Okay then, time to move on to a better place.

My Legacy card is the Five of Wands, flavored by the Ten of Wands. Uh oh!  The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical) in an upright position indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross-purposes. While these discomforts can have good results, today they will not have a huge effect.  Rather, things should move in a smooth and integrated manner.  The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill. I may be feeling overburdened, as if a job that began as a joy has become a huge job.  Perhaps if I look at each step of this job individually rather than all of them at once, I might be able to get a better handle on things.

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Don't worry so much about getting things done today, Sagittarius. Instead, concentrate on your feelings and relationships. A caring, sensitive attitude is needed, as opposed to a harsh, militant way of dealing with things. You will find that by adopting a tender, nurturing tone, people will be much more receptive to you in general.

And: “Your mind is extra clear today. Make sure you are helping yourself as well as others. Take care of any tasks that require a great deal of brainpower. You have a tremendous ability to figure out any mental problem that might come your way. Communicate to others with confidence. Mail letters, make phone calls, and send packages to people you haven't heard from in a while. They will be pleasantly surprised to hear from you.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Six of Wands.  This card tells us that our star is rising, and we should take advantage of this ascendancy.  We have reached this high place by doing the work in order to stand out from the crowd, and we have succeeded.  We have the right to feel proud, we have the right to celebrate today.  But tomorrow is another day, and pride often comes before a fall, so balance is necessary as well.

I spent a great night at The Table last night, with my much-loved PBT.  Today, I was able to cross a few things off my to-do list, including this blog post.

Happy Friday!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment