Tuesday, June 11, 2013


The Empress/The Sun reversed.  The Empress (which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine.  The Empress is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses.  She is reminding me that I need to feel good about myself, every level and part of myself, before I can send that goodness outward.  The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and in an upright position it tells of a time of enlightenment and peace that comes after the completion of some ordeal. My Sun is reversed; this is not bad, just a reminder that in order to reach the point of enlightenment and achievement, I’ve got to focus and be patient.  The resources are there to attain the enlightenment or achievement, but in order to access them, I need to be sure I am seeing them clearly and objectively. 

My Thoth card is the Three of Disks reversed.  “Works” is Crowley’s keyword for this one.  The Three of Pentacles (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) in an upright position tells of competence, planning and teamwork. My card is reversed, and this could be indicating that today, if I want something done I will need to do it myself.  Perhaps working with others will prove counterproductive today, or will distract me from my plan.  Or perhaps there will be some kind of conflict that will prevent the teamwork necessary to get the job done. 

My Legacy card is the Page of Coins, flavored by the Queen of Cups.  Nice!!  The Page of Coins (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and the Page is a listener and a learner.  My Page is reminding me to stop daydreaming and take a realistic approach to the tasks of the day.  The Page of Coins loves to learn new things and have new experiences, and I am being encouraged to be open to these things, even as I strive to be realistic and grounded.  The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  She is very much aware of the connectiveness of all life, and she is tuned into that connection.  She is reminding me that whether I am striving to be realistic or I am opening myself to new experiences, caring is more important than impatience, and acceptance will foster that connection she perceives so deeply.  These two cards together have a nice energy, eh?  A balance of a realistic approach and an openness to new experiences, with a side order of an increased and caring awareness of my connections to others, could breathe new life into my day!

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential and position of the Ace, and the balance, polarity and energy of “distance between” of the 2.

My horoscopes: “You need to learn an important lesson in follow-through, Sagittarius. As you strive for perfection, you may get the feeling that nothing is ever fully completed. Try not to be so hard on yourself. The work you've finished so far is more than likely much better than what most people could ever accomplish. Put the final touches on whatever you're doing and move on.

And: “Opportunities exist in the cracks, so don't count on looking in the most obvious places. The dreams you are searching for are found in the least likely locations, so keep your eyes open to the unexpected. The chance of a lifetime may come rolling around the corner at any minute, so be prepared to pack your bags and take a trip to a place you may never have thought of visiting before. The dreams you wish for can come true.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ace of Wands.  The interesting thing about the Ace of Wands is that it presents the potential for effects or events that are beyond my control, kind of the opposite of the Ace of Swords, which is about the workings of the mind and in the end, the creation of the challenges from within.  The flint has struck the tinder and the spark is flaring!

I have a dear friend who is very good at popping out a poem whenever she submits a homework assignment.  Here is her poem on Nature Spirits; enjoy!

Nature Spirits roaming free
Hidden from the world we see
Offering energy to our world
Sometimes gently, sometimes hurled

Approach with love and light
Perhaps they'll lend Faerie sight
Or maybe they'll enhance your work
If not, they may choose to only lurk

Approach with ill will and disrespect
And any number of mishaps you expect
From not receiving any assistance at all
Or pranks, rebels and attacks to call

Nature Spirits are conscious you know
So respect you should always show
Treat them as you wish to be
As you would with love to thee

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment