Wednesday, June 19, 2013


The Hierophant/Three of Wands reversed. The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony.  The Hierophant guards these traditions, rituals and ceremonies, and educates us regarding them.  He dedicates himself to meeting his responsibilities, for the higher good of all, and shows us how to put our traditions into practice. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) is a card of planning for action that tells of the excitement of seeking out uncharted areas with an optimism that says that no matter what happens, it will be good.  This is a powerful card when upright, filled with potential, but not complete manifestation.  My Three is reversed, and it could be warning of an unrealistic pride or even some kind of mistrust of new things. 

My Thoth card is the Three of Disks.  “Works” is the keyword for this one. The Three of Disks (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) tells of competence, planning and teamwork.  “A crystallization of forces” is how this is described, and it makes sense.  Things are started, and the group is busy.

My Legacy card is the King of Cups reversed, flavored by the Six of Swords reversed.  Oh Kay, then. The King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) in an upright position is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  But my King is reversed, and thus today may not be a day for me to be serenely amiable.  **yawn**  See? Just talking about it is making me lethargic.  The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about balance, healing, moving towards a better place, and even about learning the science behind things that work (because understanding why they work makes them more effective).  My Six, which is flavoring my reversed King of Cups, is also reversed.  Oy, two cards that hint a disconnect with intuition, authority and logic?  Maybe I should stay home today.

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “The signs say that you can expect a very profitable few weeks ahead, Sagittarius. You've worked hard lately, and it's only natural that you have finally arrived at this stage. You're going to be able to measure the distance you've come and evaluate your power. Whatever you do, don't think small!

And: “It is during days like this that you can clearly see the presence of angels, provided, of course, that you believe in them. You may see them appear in any number of ways: A sign, an event, or in the form of a person you meet who speaks to you about a precise problem you have and indicates the solution. If you don't believe in angels, this would be the time to, at the very least, suspend disbelief!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Nine of Pentacles.  This is one of my regulars, and I am being reminded that today, discipline and focus are important.  When I look at the strange messages of my cards, I understand this one, and I’m grateful for the reminder.  Connecting my spirit to my physical world is the perfect remedy!

Three Yoga classes today, two taken and one observed.  Whew, but I feel good!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment