Saturday, June 1, 2013


Ace of Pentacles/The Hermit. Aces present potential only, and the Ace of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world.  It looks like there is lots of fertility around me, and perhaps all that is needed is my own essence to act as a catalyst. The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and is about searching within for a deeper meaning, often through solitude bordering on discomfort. Today, though, there does not seem to be any discomfort **crosses fingers**, although there is solitude.  I spent the day once again in my garden, and after weeding and trimming, I gave everything a good watering.  At one point, I paused, as a painted lady butterfly landed in the wet soil and paused, I assume getting a drink.  These sunny, breezy, dry days must dehydrate even the butterflies.  Good energies, these two cards. 

My Thoth card is the Four of Cups.  “Luxury” is the keyword for this one, and that is not necessarily a good thing. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) tells us that too much pleasure, or maybe too much nurturing or overprotectiveness, deadens the senses.  It is way too easy to just sit and enjoy the beautiful weather today, but I need to get back north soon, and I think I will take this card to heart.  No talking myself into staying a bit longer!

My Legacy card is Temperance, flavored by The Star.  Oh, nice!! Temperance corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and this card presents one version of the concept of balance: balance achieved through knowledge and experience of extremes.  This means I should be real good at handling challenges today; let’s hope there won’t be too many.  The Star, the next card numerically in the Major Arcana, is flavoring my Temperance card.  The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card, and while it can hint at some unexpected darkness, it also tells me to be of strong heart, for things will turn out okay in the end.  I can handle that!

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces to 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “You can look forward to an enjoyable day, Sagittarius. Neither family matters nor career issues will cloud your spirit, as everything seems to be proceeding smoothly and according to plan. Moreover, the day's aspects seem to be inviting you to be a little more adventurous than usual. Any artistic or romantic undertaking will be especially fulfilling.

And: “It is possible that you will meet an individual who affects you in some extreme way in the coming days. Today the planets are aligned in a concentrated, "masculine" position that is going to push you to manifest the transformation that has been incubating inside of you for several months now. Hang on, it promises to be an interesting ride!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ten of Pentacles.  Hmmm . . . I sense a theme over the past few days: a sort of finishing of a cycle in the physical world.  And finishing in a good place, too!  The main thing to remember about these kinds of energies is their tendency to be affected by inertia.  Blessings in the physical world?  Take them and create something new out of them!  That’s real prosperity!

I just finished reading “Alex & Me,” by Irene M. Pepperberg.  I think just about everyone has heard of Alex the parrot, and his amazing ability to communicate with humans.  I lived with a blue and gold macaw and a yellow napped macaw for well over a decade, and I certainly can vouch for the fact that while birds will certainly make noise just for the sheer joy of hearing their own voices, they also can use words or labels to communicate with us. 

There was a quote at the end of the book that really touched me.  This was said by Deb Rival, a board member of The Alex Foundation: “Alex taught me the meaning of oneness.  What I learned from him also supported what I always have known to be true: that there is just one Creation, one Nature, one good, full, complete Idea, made of up individuals of all shapes and designs, all expressing their oneness with one God.  We are not different because we look different, but we all reflect the eternal beauty and intelligence of one Creation in our own peculiar way.  It’s what makes up the whole – this textured fabric of though and existence. . . .”  Cool, eh?

Oh, and before I forget, the June issue of PaganPages.org, with my column, Tarot Talk, is available here: http://paganpages.org/content/2013/06/tarot-talk-30/ .

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment