Friday, June 21, 2013


Page of Swords/Eight of Pentacles reversed. The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) tells us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  This card tells of vigilance and alertness, and can also be hinting that there is some sneaking around behind the scenes.  While alertness is important, I also need to make sure I don’t make a mountain out of a molehill.  The Eight of Pentacles (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) in an upright position tells us that diligence and an awareness of details is important today.  However, because my Eight of Pentacles is reversed, I may end up missing some important details.  This could very well happen because I feel as if I’m in a rut; there is danger in repetitive steps mainly because we assume we know what is going to happen.

My Thoth card is Five of Disks reversed.  “Worry” is the keyword for the upright card. The Five of Disks (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) traditional image shows a woman and a child, one of them injured in some way, travelling in the cold wind, with a church window behind them.  Because my card is reversed, while there may be turmoil in my world, I will be able to use my spirituality and connection to Deity in order to make it through the chaos.

My Legacy card is The Moon reversed, flavored by The Empress reversed.  LOL, two non-feminine cards for this Summer Solstice Day. The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  When upright, this can be a card of discomfort or fear, but since my Moon is reversed today, what seems to be hidden will end up in plain sight. The Empress (which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine.  The Empress in an upright position is about creativity and compassion, the pleasure of the senses, and a deep connection to Nature.  My reversed Empress, which could be presenting apathy or a desensitization because of overexposure to pleasure, is flavoring my reversed Moon.  Perhaps these two together mean that any overindulgence in pleasure will be nipped in the bud because I will recognize it happening. 

My Pearls of Wisdom Litha card is The Moon reversed.  LOL, okay then.  What I love about the description of the Pearls of Wisdom Moon card is that we are warned to remember that a reflection of something may not be accurate.  That seems to be an important message for me, considering my other cards, which seem to be talking about not correctly perceiving things. 

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “Have some fun today, Sagittarius. It's time to balance all the work you've been doing with a little bit of fun. Yesterday's honest efforts are turning into today's rewards. There's no need to be shy when it comes to receiving what is rightfully yours. Be proud of your accomplishments. If you can't find someone to take you out to dinner, take yourself out!

And: “You will be the hit of the party today. Everyone wants to talk to you. You will find that great transitions are happening in your life right now, and you should look at how you can adopt new principles and attitudes toward them. Your emotions are suggesting that you take a rather unconventional approach to the day. The things you learn may be things you want to incorporate into your worldview on a long-term basis.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Queen of Pentacles.  Nice!  The Shadowscapes Queen of Pentacles looks similar to her King; both seem to be a part of or growing out of a beautiful old tree.  However, there are differences.  The King’s tree is an oak, and it is filled with acorns.  Bounty in the physical world and the ability to turn that bounty into something new is the meaning of the King of Pentacles.  The Queen’s tree has heart-shaped leaves, and instead of the wide-spread arms of the King, the Queen is cradling in her cupped palms an oak leaf.  How potent is that image??!!  She is the nurturer of the King, and her purpose is to create and maintain a fertile environment for all, and keep everyone healthy, happy and secure.  Yep, I get this one!!

I am very lucky to have a sister-in-law who does the most amazing energy work.  She is an intuitive, and a natural medium, so sessions with her are healing and balancing on all levels.  I’ve been seeing her regularly, every three to six months, and I love what we are accomplishing together.  Each time I lay on her table, she offers me awesome insight into how to deal with current issues or stresses.

This time, she reminded me that it is important for me to both keep possession of energy that is mine (which gets sent out whenever I teach/assist/counsel/heal, and release and send back the energy that is **not** mine (which can come into my energy field in all kinds of ways, both deliberate and inadvertent).  Very important for me to remember!

As always, I feel cleansed of unnecessary burdens today.  Great way to start a weekend, eh?

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment