Tuesday, June 18, 2013


Transparent Oracle Sunday!  But on Tuesday! 

23, Element: Water (West).  West is the direction of Water, and thus, of feelings and emotions, relationships of all kinds, cleansing and healing, the wisdom associated with natural endings, and the bubbling up of pure joy.  Water is about emotions, feelings, the Inner Voice, dreams, intuition, and Water is connected to both birth and death.  Because our physical bodies contain so much Water, whatever affects Water usually affects us as well.  The image on this card also shows ripples moving outward; something to remember when we are expressing our feelings.

26, Guide: Otter (West).  The element of Water represents emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past. The elemental dignities associated with Water are cold/binds and wet/adapts. The first thing I think of when I see the Otter card is joyful playing.  Otters are known for their play, and play is a sign of intelligence and awareness.  Otters are at home both on Earth and in Water; they form strong family bonds, and work hard to protect their group of family or friends.   All while playing tag!

48, Venus (Above). The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machine.  The planet Venus corresponds with the element of Earth, and it represents all love and relationships and connections.  This also encompasses mothering, nurturing, healing, the pleasing of the senses, and an appreciation for beauty. 

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  This one has motion to it; the Otters are swimming merrily, seeming to chase each other with abandon and joy, and the planet Venus circles around, like a counterweight keeping a wheel turning.  So much of all three of these cards is about feelings and emotions and inner sensations; those feelings and emotions and inner sensations may not be accurately measurable by others, but they do make the world go round!  Emotions and intuition may originate within us, but they can have amazing affects on the world around us as well.  The way we feel when we get up in the morning can flavor the entire day; today, I choose to feel joy and gratitude. 

Another busy weekend.  I managed to carve out some time in my beloved garden, which has totally gone wild.  We have had the perfect storm (LOL, literally!) of heavy rains followed by several days of sunshine, and everything is green and lush.  I’ve let the privet go a bit wild because it is covered with fragrant white blossoms, and I can hardly keep up with the grass.  As I drove away from the house yesterday, I looked back, and saw that the wisteria needs to be tamed, too.  Looks like I’ll be spending a bit more time trimming on Friday.  Yay!

And I’ve got another Yoga Intensive this weekend, too, YTT Intensive 5.  There aren’t enough hours in the day, but I’m loving what I’m learning.  I’m also working on the next submission for PaganPages.org, and will post when that is up.

Back to work!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment